Author Topic: Cruise Ship Drydock Lloyd Werft Could Close Down  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise Ship Drydock Lloyd Werft Could Close Down
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 09:43:21 PM »
I think Meyer Werft should buy the shipyard so that they can keep those jobs active and protect the shipbuilding industry.
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 11:40:00 AM »
I think Meyer Werft should buy the shipyard so that they can keep those jobs active and protect the shipbuilding industry.

Meyer are in deep trouble themselves because of the crisis in the cruise industry. They are firing thousands of people and do not expect any new orders until 2022 (and they also signed none last year). They are struggling to survive and have no appetite or money to buy Lloyd I'm sure.

Probably either the local Heinrich R

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 11:40:35 AM »
I think Meyer Werft should not buy the shipyard so that they can secure future work on the yards it already owns in Germany and Finland.

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »
I think Meyer Werft should not buy the shipyard so that they can secure future work on the yards it already owns in Germany and Finland.

That's another way of looking at it ;-)

I don't think Lloyd Werft ever really competed with Meyer but in the current market, less competition is less competition.

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 08:16:37 PM »
Maybe Meyer Werft could sell Meyer Turku to Genting Hong Kong in exchange for Lloyd Werft. That way, Meyer gets the German yards and Genting can have the Finnish one.
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2021, 10:30:03 AM »
Maybe Meyer Werft could sell Meyer Turku to Genting Hong Kong in exchange for Lloyd Werft. That way, Meyer gets the German yards and Genting can have the Finnish one.

Again, both Meyer and Genting Hong Kong/MV Werften have NO money and no need for this at the moment. Meyer Turku has a decent workload and is a modern yard for for building ultra large cruise ships (larger size than Meyer can build in Papenburg). Lloyd Werft does not have the same capabilities as Meyer Turku, it is a different kind of yard. MV Werften (Genting's main yards in Wismar/Rostock) are also already on life support. Please inform yourself about the economic situation in cruise shipbuilding before making these bizarre proposals. Google is your friend.

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 03:53:23 PM »
Not to mention that Meyer has invested quite a lot to Turku shipyard in recent years, including adding a second crane.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk