Author Topic: Unsharp pictures  (Read 1698 times)

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Unsharp pictures
« on: July 10, 2020, 06:51:19 PM »
I have recently bought a new laptop (macbook) and the pictures I have since the purchase (end June) uploaded seem very unsharp when opened from the Thumbnail (Thumbnails as well look awful).
Only when opened "Full screen" the picture will regain its sharpness, proving the pictures are actually sharp.
This was never the case with all my former pictures uploaded, which were always sharp when opened from the Thumbnail.
Anybody has the same issue with a new Mac? Or any idea to make the normal picture (none full screen) look sharp again.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cheers,
Roy

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
Re: Unsharp pictures
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »
Most likely the better resolution of the new laptop - I set my photos at the minimum site standard, full screen looks poor but full size are fine.

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
The photos on their page (after clicking on the thumbnail) never looked too sharp for me; it was only full size photos that looked nice and sharp. I do believe it's the algorithm that's used by the site, that large (but not full sized!) photos are compressed in a way that look a bit unsharp.

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2020, 05:32:02 PM »
Thanks for your remarks gents.
In the meantime fired up my old macbook and did some comparison tests.
It seems to be some monitoring setting (screen resolution?) on my new macbook. The pictures opened from the thumbnail (large pictures but not full screen) seem nice sharp on my old macbook but not so on my new one.
However when opening the same picture in "Full Screen" mode it looks way sharper (really a big difference) on my new macbook.
Cheers,
Roy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk