ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OCEANA for sale  (Read 2848 times)
ChasB46
Top Poster

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2020, 10:27:40 am »

P&O confirm Oceana up for sale at end of this month.
Report to moderator   Logged
Cedric Hacke
Photo Administrator
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 11:42:37 am »

Already sold according to P&O themselves. I read rumours in various Facebook groups about a sale to a Greek operator.

https://twitter.com/pandocruises/status/1280426346326503424
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 11:44:24 am by Cedric Hacke » Report to moderator   Logged

Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories
ChasB46
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:58:29 am »

A message from a crew member who said Oceana has been sold believed to be to Asian owners. She is currently being stripped of Carnival related goods, and her new home port will most probably be either in China or India.
Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:06:20 pm »

A message from a crew member who said Oceana has been sold believed to be to Asian owners. She is currently being stripped of Carnival related goods, and her new home port will most probably be either in China or India.

That means the Oceana may be sailing to the shipbreakers in either India or China. She's only 20. Likewise, the Costa Victoria was only 24 when sold for scrap.
Balticventure
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:15:51 am »

The Oceana's sister ship in Australia is up for sale as well. Don't think it will be long for the Aurora, The Arcadia may survive as she does the Wold Cruises. but I somehow think her days are numbered as well.
I don't think I will ever travel on the new ship the Ionia, its to big and I am to afraid of a Covid-19 outbreak. 

Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 05:13:02 pm »

The Oceana's sister ship in Australia is up for sale as well. Don't think it will be long for the Aurora, The Arcadia may survive as she does the Wold Cruises. but I somehow think her days are numbered as well.
I don't think I will ever travel on the new ship the Ionia, its to big and I am to afraid of a Covid-19 outbreak. 

Well, the Pacific Explorer is currently the only ship that's currently sailing for P&O Australia to not to have been sold to CMV, but the vessel is also for sale so either she might be bought by CMV, transfered back to Princess Cruises, or scrapped. It would make sense to scrap the Aurora as she had many bad setbacks and accidents so it would be best to put the vessel out of it's misery. Also she is currently the only P&O Cruises vessel that was built in Meyer Werft as all the other vessels were built in Fincantieri (unless you count the upcoming Iona which is also being built in Meyer Werft).
Cedric Hacke
Photo Administrator
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2020, 07:20:08 pm »

I read that P&O Cruises have stated they’re keeping Aurora and Arcadia as they are much loved “mid size” cruise ships. Can’t find the link at the moment sadly but of course much will depend on how long this whole thing will last...

Photo admin for the Passenger Vessels, RO/RO, Ship Interiors and Vehicle Carriers categories
Allan RO
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2020, 09:03:26 pm »

Oceana left Southampton this evening for Piraeus

Allan
Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 02:04:13 am »

Allan

Yes, she is heading to Piraeus, but it may not mean she could have been sold to greek interests. Some vessels that docked there had some interior furnishings removed before heading to the breakers yard including the Horizon and the Marella Celebration. It's possible she's heading there to drop off any remaining P&O furnishings.
rd77
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2020, 06:42:17 am »

Allan

Yes, she is heading to Piraeus, but it may not mean she could have been sold to greek interests. Some vessels that docked there had some interior furnishings removed before heading to the breakers yard including the Horizon and the Marella Celebration. It's possible she's heading there to drop off any remaining P&O furnishings.

One Greek ferryspotter who knows the business quite well says she's been bought by the guy who owns the Seajets operation. In my view, that could be a speculative purchase, waiting for ship values to rise again.

Cedric Hacke
Photo Administrator
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 06:08:07 pm »

Very interesting observation that, thanks for sharing! It will be interesting to see that saga unfold further

Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2020, 07:47:03 pm »

The Oceana is heading to Piraeus, Greece.
canberra97
Shiplover
Home away from home

Southampton Based Ship Lover

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 12:49:51 am »

Allan

One Greek ferryspotter who knows the business quite well says she's been bought by the guy who owns the Seajets operation. In my view, that could be a speculative purchase, waiting for ship values to rise again.

Seatrade has confirmed that the OCEANA has indeed been purchased by Seajets who intend on using her on overnight sailings to the several Greek islands from either Piraeus or Herakleion.

According to the broker's involved in the purchase the value of the sale has not been made public although they have stated that Seajets paid a fair price.

One has to wonder how long Carnival had advertised the OCEANA for sale as the announcement of her withdrawal and the purchase by Seajets was a rather quick affair.

Cunard Line 1983/1987
British Channel Island Ferries,B.C.I.F. 1987/1993
Geest Line 1993/1993
P&O European Ferries 1993/1993
Stena Line 1993/1996
P&O Ferries 1997/2005
Intercruises 2006/2013
Carnival Port Ops 2014
Red Funnel Ferries 2015
Intercruises 2016/2017
European Cruise Service 2017-
Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 04:13:06 pm »

Oceana has been renamed Queen of the Oceans, although her deployment plan still remains a mystery. She is currently docked in Patras, west of Athens, Greece. Funny thing enough, you can still see her old name despite being painted over with her new name.

IMAGE REMOVED UPON REQUEST BY davidships
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 12:59:22 am by Angelshipbig » Report to moderator   Logged
Angelgreat
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 01:00:12 am »

I had to remove the image, but it's from https://www.cruisecapital.co.uk/oceana-acquired-by-greek-ferry-operator/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: