Author Topic: Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur disposals  (Read 54426 times)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur disposals
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2020, 01:51:55 PM »
Empress of the Seas and Majesty of the Seas have arrived to Souda, Greece. They will both sail to Aliaga soon.
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2020, 04:16:35 PM »
The vessels are still laid up in Souda, Greece to disembark their interior furnishings. Once all of their interior furnishings have been removed, they will sail to Aliaga.

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Shipping Videos
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »
The vessels are still laid up in Souda, Greece to disembark their interior furnishings. Once all of their interior furnishings have been removed, they will sail to Aliaga.
Angelgreat, this is at least fourth time you have made this statement in this forum. Can you please link to a genuine/official source which has advised that this pair are going to Aliaga, or is this statement an assumption based on the movements of the other ships (so far Monarch and Sovereign).

Offline ftakma

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • www.nauticagoods.com
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2020, 01:08:39 PM »
Well Zenith is not going to Peace Boat as I said earlier.

Hello all,
The official of a scrapyard in Aliaga informed me that The Zenith will come to Aliaga first. I will be the first person to get in and start collecting pieces (no sales, for my collection). I will post pictures when she comes.

Surprised that The Zenith is also going, as she had just been handed over to PeaceBoat. She is currently off a Greek island called Agios Georgios. I would have expected Horizon to come first. Horizon just arrived at Piraeus this morning from Oman.

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2020, 01:36:19 PM »
Well Zenith is not going to Peace Boat as I said earlier.

Hello all,
The official of a scrapyard in Aliaga informed me that The Zenith will come to Aliaga first. I will be the first person to get in and start collecting pieces (no sales, for my collection). I will post pictures when she comes.

Surprised that The Zenith is also going, as she had just been handed over to PeaceBoat. She is currently off a Greek island called Agios Georgios. I would have expected Horizon to come first. Horizon just arrived at Piraeus this morning from Oman.

Yes, thats because the charter of the Zenith to Peace Boat was cancelled due to Pullmantur Cruises going bankrupt. Since Ocean Dream was also chartered from Pullmantur Cruises, Peace Boat will have to return both vessels to Royal Caribbean. Don't worry, Peace Boat will charter Princess Cruises Sea Princess.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 01:42:01 PM by Angelgreat »

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »
The Zenith has been returned to Royal Caribbean. She is presently at Lavrion, so not very far from Aliaga. She will sail there with her sister ship Horizon. Horizon still laid up in Pireaus.

Offline Krispen Atkinson

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Shipping Videos
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2020, 08:19:43 PM »
The Zenith has been returned to Royal Caribbean. She is presently at Lavrion, so not very far from Aliaga. She will sail there with her sister ship Horizon. Horizon still laid up in Pireaus.
I am sorry, but this simply is not correct.

She was sold by RCL, being handed over in January 2020 to Zenith Cruise Inc, a subsidiary of Japan Grace Co. (Peace Boat), with Maritime Holdings Group Inc. as technical managers. She was renamed "THE ZENITH" under the Panamanian flag in March, as seen here: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=3198452

Ship is classed by DNV GL, who confirm these details, see: https://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/vesselregister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=G107402

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
I am sorry, but this simply is not correct.

She was sold by RCL, being handed over in January 2020 to Zenith Cruise Inc, a subsidiary of Japan Grace Co. (Peace Boat), with Maritime Holdings Group Inc. as technical managers. She was renamed "THE ZENITH" under the Panamanian flag in March, as seen here: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=3198452

Ship is classed by DNV GL, who confirm these details, see: https://vesselregister.dnvgl.com/vesselregister/vesseldetails.html?vesselid=G107402

Well, the Ocean Dream had been chartered to Peace Boat from Pullmantur Cruises so Royal Caribbean technically still own the vessel.

Offline canberra97

• Shiplover
  • Home away from home
  • Southampton Based Ship Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »
The OCEAN DREAM is not owned by Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.

The OCEAN DREAM was sold to Pullmantur Cruises in April 2008. She was previously operated by P&O Cruises Australia as their PACIFIC STAR.

The OCEAN DREAM was sold by P&O Australia to the Japanese Peace Boat on the 21 January 2012 with a delivery in the April 2012.

The OCEAN DREAM transferred to the Panamanian flag and is registered to Management Holdings Group, Panama.

Peace Boat is understood to be chartering the SUN PRINCESS from Princess Cruises, not the SEA PRINCESS as you have previously stated.

The charter of the SUN PRINCESS will allow for the disposal of the OCEAN DREAM which was Carnival Cruises first purpose built cruise ship when she was completed in 1981.

The SUN PRINCESS will be renamed the PACIFIC WORLD and is due to enter service with Peace Boat in Spring 2021.

The PACIFIC WORLD will replace the both the OCEAN DREAM and ZENITH.

The ZENITH was sold by Pullmantur Cruises in July 2019 with a delivery set for early 2020. Due to the timing of her delivery and the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic I can't confirm whether the ZENITH actually entered service with Peace Boat. The ZENITH was sold by Pullmantur Cruises to Peace Boat under Management Holdings Group, Panama.

Cunard Line 1983/1987
British Channel Island Ferries,B.C.I.F. 1987/1993
Geest Line 1993/1993
P&O European Ferries 1993/1993
Stena Line 1993/1996
P&O Ferries 1997/2005
Intercruises 2006/2013
Carnival Port Ops 2014
Red Funnel Ferries 2015
Intercruises 2016/2017
European Cruise Service 2017-

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2020, 01:46:47 PM »
The Sovereign's face is gone. Her decks are being removed. They didn't do much on Monarch, so maybe we can still save her. Here's the video link.

https://youtu.be/Zz76Y19hps8

Offline smithy166

• Oceangoing OOW (STCW II/1)
  • Quite a regular
  • In a hole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2020, 12:46:25 PM »
Interesting the same virus that caused their early demise is also prolonging it - There's apparently an oxygen shortage at a number of yards due to COVID which is slowing down demolition work.
Enough torque to restart a dead planet! OOW with an unlimited CoC looking for work. :)

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2020, 02:03:05 PM »
Thanks Canberra97 and Krispen for bringing some facts and common sense to this thread. Badly needed. The recent scrappings of cruise ships have brought out a whole bunch of new "ship enthusiasts" who all don't seem to have a single clue about how the cruise business, shipowning/management and ship scrapping businesses work.

No ships are going to be saved, certainly not once they are on the beach. Please save up your pennies and make a pilgrimage to the SS ROTTERDAM, which was (luckily) saved at the expense of EUR 240 million of the Dutch taxpayers' money. That amount alone should tell anyone why all these ideas of saving early 90s cruise ships with no balconies, small cabins and little to no historic appeal will not work.

Offline Nick Smith

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2020, 02:36:12 AM »
This will be on Channel 7 tonight here in Australia. I will post the rest when it has been on.
https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1310406373713145857

Offline rd77

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2020, 07:05:51 AM »
Hey Nick, nice find indeed! Do keep us posted.

Best,
Ralph

Offline Nick Smith

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2020, 09:21:38 AM »
Here is the link to the Video from Channel 7 tonight here in Australia.
https://twitter.com/7NewsBrisbane/status/1310507431751872517

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk