Author Topic: Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur disposals  (Read 54424 times)

Offline newda898

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur disposals
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2020, 06:48:24 PM »
I can sadly confirm that the Sovereign's crew is being transferred to the Celebrity Constellation. It's also sad to see the Sovereign and the Celebrity Constellation near Aliaga and poor old Monarch. Royal Caribbean is really going to scrap these once largest vessels in the world. Majesty of the Seas still survives! We should buy the tip of their bows to preserve like the ex-France.

Why??? They're old, tired, and no longer fit the current market that demands balconies. There's nothing special about them.

Offline SteKrueBe

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2020, 09:06:59 PM »
Hi there!
It is of course not nice to see that a whole bunch of pretty and well-maintained ships will be dismantled. Compared to the ships that are about to be scrapped now, I am much more sorry for Fred Olsens classic beauties "Boudicca" and "Black Watch", which will probably follow soon.
All the best,
Stefan

Offline Clive Harvey

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2020, 09:23:33 PM »
I expect that we will be seeing the entire fleet of ships operated by CMV heading off to the breakers too as the company has been declared bankrupt.

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2020, 09:44:15 PM »
I expect that we will be seeing the entire fleet of ships operated by CMV heading off to the breakers too as the company has been declared bankrupt.

This topic is about Pullmantur Cruises, you may want to comment on the link to the CMV topic instead: http://forum.shipspotting.com/index.php/topic,16965.msg90525.html#new
Angelgreat was here. :)

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2020, 04:05:53 AM »
Ok, so here is my concept on how we can save and display the tip of the Pullmantur Sovereign's bow and it's similar to how they preserved the bow of the France/Norway. We first buy the bow tip from the scrappers in Aliaga, Turkey. Next, we ship it back to France to restore it back to it's white Royal Caribbean livery. Then, we put it on a stand and put it on display in Paris Yacht Marina, Port de Grenelle, Paris, France exactly next to the bow of the France/Norway. I have attached a concept of the tip of Sovereign's bow and the location on where to put it. The location would also have Sovereign's funnel located next to it and painted back to white, but I didn't made a concept as it would be too obvious.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 04:11:25 AM by Angelshipbig »

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2020, 10:00:31 PM »
Look, if we can't save the vessel itself, then we can at least save some samples. The Tip of the Bow is the first thing to be removed in scrapyards in Turkey and India so it's easy to retrieve the tip of the bow to put on display.

Offline ftakma

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • www.nauticagoods.com
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2020, 08:27:18 AM »
Monarch beached in Aliaga :'(

Offline newda898

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2020, 09:50:06 AM »
Given the things being suggested in this thread I'm not quite sure how many on this site are actually sane, or maybe they are just trolling??

Offline Robbie Cox

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2020, 10:29:51 AM »
The Cruise ship Monarch was beached at Aliaga this morning

Offline canberra97

• Shiplover
  • Home away from home
  • Southampton Based Ship Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2020, 02:43:03 PM »
Given the things being suggested in this thread I'm not quite sure how many on this site are actually sane, or maybe they are just trolling??

Considering that your new here with only 6 post's and fairly negative post's at that perhaps it's you who is "just" trolling!

Your not going to make many friends on this site by suggesting that people "maybe are just trolling"!

FYI sane dedicated shipping enthusiasts on this site are not "just trolling". Your a newbie here and it's YOU that seems to be the one that's "just" trolling.

Your credibility factor has not got very far in such a short space of time and if you continue to accuse others of "trolling" it's not going to do anything for your credibility at all on this site!

Perhaps it's best that you don't comment at all 😉
Cunard Line 1983/1987
British Channel Island Ferries,B.C.I.F. 1987/1993
Geest Line 1993/1993
P&O European Ferries 1993/1993
Stena Line 1993/1996
P&O Ferries 1997/2005
Intercruises 2006/2013
Carnival Port Ops 2014
Red Funnel Ferries 2015
Intercruises 2016/2017
European Cruise Service 2017-

Offline Angelgreat

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2020, 03:15:36 PM »
Monarch has beached in Aliaga, waiting for Sovereign to meet the same fate.

Offline canberra97

• Shiplover
  • Home away from home
  • Southampton Based Ship Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »
Monarch has beached in Aliaga, waiting for Sovereign to meet the same fate.

Robbie Cox had already commented on the news of the beaching of the MONARCH at 10.29 two posts above yours, nearly five hours difference!

Very very sad news though, out of all the vessel's so far heading to the scrap merchants the Pullmantur Cruises fleet is without the worst outcome from the Coronavirus pandemic we've yet seen.

Although she is 28 year's old it seems like yesterday when I first visited her shortly after her delivery from Chantiers De l'Atlantique in 1992. The Pullmantur Cruises fleet were always kept immaculate both externally and internally. With Pullmantur Cruises catering to the Brazilian and Spanish markets the Coronavirus pandemic had a major affect on the company and it's a huge blow to the South American and Spanish cruise industry.

With the demise of Pullmantur Spain no longer has it's own cruise company.

The Sovereign class were revolutionary ship's at the time and we're also the biggest cruise ships at the time of their deliveries, they were indeed the first mega cruise ships and have always been extremely popular. If it wasn't for the recent circumstances surrounding the collapse of the cruise industry one would have expected that they would have least seen another five or six years service life remaining.

When I first found out about the news of the MONARCH being beached early this morning I had a cry, it hit me hard, the real reality of what's happening with the cruise industry really sunk in. More so than I realised that my own personal career in the cruise industry after 38 year's may well have also ended. But I'm not looking for a new job, I'm hoping that the cruise industry will return to some form of normality in 2021.
Cunard Line 1983/1987
British Channel Island Ferries,B.C.I.F. 1987/1993
Geest Line 1993/1993
P&O European Ferries 1993/1993
Stena Line 1993/1996
P&O Ferries 1997/2005
Intercruises 2006/2013
Carnival Port Ops 2014
Red Funnel Ferries 2015
Intercruises 2016/2017
European Cruise Service 2017-

Offline newda898

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2020, 09:15:20 AM »
I just received an email from the Fairmount: after watching that video of the Monarch's beaching, they said it's not a problem to tow her back on the water with a couple of their 200t bollard pull tugs. A problem is that while they are on their way to Aliaga to resque the Monarch, the [not typed] would be already cutting off her piece by piece. I guess we would need more glue then.

That's ok, I have a rib on standby to tow her back off the beach.

Offline newda898

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2020, 09:48:25 AM »
RIB won't do it, but you can use it for inspecting the Monarch while Fairmount's tugs try to tow her off the beach.

Good idea, I'll bring my hacksaw along with the pickup truck. I can saw through her bow and take it away for safe keeping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk