Author Topic: Cruise ship movements from Weymouth Bay  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Cruise ship movements from Weymouth Bay
« on: May 27, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
Does anyone know why some of the cruise ships laid-up in Weymouth Bay are, it seems, taking it in turn to sail to Dover, dock for a while and then sail back? P&O

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Cruise ship movements from Weymouth Bay
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
Someone else will need to reply "why" but re cruise ships this has been a regular turnaround at Southampton and the Nab anchorage. eg 3 in , 3 out regularly/ since virus. Destinations/arrivals given ... Channel cruise, World, local coastal,unknown port/coastal ..all meaning similar.
see http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Planned_Movements/ for next few days.

Also http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/  for cruise ships only in/out . Some days 1 day turnaround, other times 3 days etc.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 10:53:30 AM by ChasB46 »

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »
I told that the cruises to nowhere are to dump "grey" water and maybe make fresh water from sea water, they just cruise up and down the channel.
As for docking at Dover ?? maybe to dispose of "black" water, stores ..

Offline David Harrison

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 11:07:04 AM »
Perhaps also to replenish stores for the remaining crew.
regards Glencairn :-) :pint:

Offline Balticventure

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
    • taimoshan@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 07:25:55 AM »

As I understand it Some pf the ships have transferred crew members to other P&O ships . They then wait onboard for a flight home to India or Manila, for example is confirmed or found. One example is the Indian Government who are battling a covid pandemic, have to give permission for the flight,once that has come through the ship moves to a berth i.e. Dover or Southampton to discharge them for the airport. Also again as I understand it nobody is allowed onboard to combat covid-19.

The other ships that go up and down the channel are getting rid of there grey water.

Offline Giavanna112

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 04:18:56 AM »
I told that the cruises to nowhere are to dump "grey" water and maybe make fresh water from sea water, they just cruise up and down the channel. uno online
As for docking at Dover ?? maybe to dispose of "black" water, stores ..
Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Education is definitely a sticky subject. However, is still among the leading topics of our time. I appreciate your post and look forward to more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk