Author Topic: Equasis  (Read 5587 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Equasis
« on: May 09, 2020, 04:29:11 PM »
Has anyone else noticed a major change in the Equasis database ?

Until about a week or so ago, if you entered the name of a shipyard, say Samsung or Imabari etc, into the 'name' box, it would list all the new buildings at the yard through to about 2022, with allocated  IMO numbers, and if you clicked on the IMO number and looked at 'management detail, it would give the likely owner/manager and flag. This stopped about a week or so ago and even ships photographed by Lappino as lying nearly finished at a yard are not being listed.  Anyone know why - have they been asked to stop listing this information or is it a glitch.   I e-mailed Equasis to ask the question a couple of days ago, but have received no reply.

Allan Ryszka-Onions

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Equasis
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 05:12:18 PM »
Hi ,I have also noticed that the fishing vessels IMO search that recently  worked no longer appears
rgds

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 09:03:30 PM »
Hi Allan,
Just did a search on containerships built 2020-2022 (what I normally do) and the amound of hits has been reduced to 85, all for 2020. A few weeks ago I still got more then 300 hits with delievery dates running into 2022.
Cheers,
Roy

Offline Jonathan Simpson

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 08:43:40 AM »
Hi Allan, Roy

Thank you for highlighting this issue, I note this morning I am unable to find two large Anchor Handling Tugs, on Equasis 9351828 & 9351830, which were mentioned a few days ago in the renaming section on this website.

I hope that Equasis will give you a response in due course & things can revert to 'normal'

Rgds Jon

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 02:23:26 PM »
Hi Guys

Sorry to say - no response from Equasis as of midday 11 May

Allan

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 02:54:52 PM »
I guess if you're only using the free version of Equasis, there's not much room for complaint.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 07:58:25 PM »
There is only one version of Equasis - it's a free service.
Clearly there are some recent issues which are new to me too.
I am surprised to hear that fishing vessels have been included fairly recently as Equasis' FAQ says that they are outside scope, along with yachts and inland vessels - maybe the FAQ is out-of-date.

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 08:54:54 AM »
Hi,about fishing vessel IMO search it was a function that also surprised to me but it appeared recently,now disapeared. Anyway there is an announcement on the top right corner of Equasis page that says:" Due to coronavinus crisis the update of data and the support and treatment of issues may be disrupted ...."
rgds
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 09:42:22 PM by victor radio74 »

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
but surely this does not explain the loss of loads of information that was already in their database - it had to be specifically removed/deleted

Allan

Offline Jonathan Simpson

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 08:47:31 PM »
It might offer some hope, but the two ships I could not find yesterday are now on there, I note that IHS Maritime updated 6 hours ago, so it might be that other things are now visible again. Rgds Jon

Offline victor radio74

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 10:00:30 PM »
IMO fishing vessels again in Equasis

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2020, 09:29:44 AM »
Yep, it very much looks as if is back to how it was.   All present and correct.   Guess they were doing some sort of an update.

Allan

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2020, 09:56:11 AM »
but surely this does not explain the loss of loads of information that was already in their database - it had to be specifically removed/deleted

Allan

Conspiracy theory unjustified....

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2020, 06:53:27 PM »
Hi all,

Just noticed Equasis no more lists yachts or as they called them, "houseboats". This is a very recent change, they were still included in September 2020. It's a shame, it was a good place to search for IMO numbers of yachts.

Brgds,
Aleksi

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2020, 10:54:53 PM »
newbuilds not listed at present wither.  I think its when they are doing an update.  It might all be back in a day or so.

Allan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk