Author Topic: The Quarantine/StayAtHhome Piraeus Shipspotting  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Petros Psarras

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • News about Piraeus
The Quarantine/StayAtHhome Piraeus Shipspotting
« on: May 02, 2020, 05:26:45 PM »

Since we stay at home due to lockdown ,we dediced to film ships passing in front of our home , leaving or arriving at Piraeus Merchant Port. The lockdown in Greece started on 16th March and ends on 4th May and 06.00 LT.
First video is on 17th March and the last I suppose...and I hope to be tommorrow 3rd May.

All the videos here. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8jcrydfF6N1UBp-QsGmOjqjFIW2DvQku

Once at Piraeus ,forever at Piraeus!

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Quarantine/StayAtHhome Piraeus Shipspotting
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 02:01:03 AM »
Thank you Petros - and you didn't miss anything because someone said we need some things from the supermarket - or, you need to get your hair cut.

Offline Brett Moore

• Just can't stay away
  • Duncan Dock, Table Bay Harbour, Cape Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 09:28:05 PM »
Well tomorrow, 29th may, we enter day 64 of one of the toughest lockdowns on this planet (no haircuts, no outdoor exercise, no alcohol nor tobacco/cigarettes etc.) With the lockdown, we have seen many ships round the Cape and you are not allowed to leave your house unless for groceries or medication. Never have we seen Carnival cruise ships in our waters....right now we have 3 in Algoa Bay, 1 in Namibia, 1 at anchor in St helena Bay and 2 HAL ships in Table Bay. We have had princess and other HAL ships and more in SA> Besides the cruise ships, we have had many other ships. Never has it been like this since the Suez crisis and the Gulf War. Such a pity..

Offline peter j. fitzpatrick

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 10:59:59 PM »
thanks petros , i have been watching shipping movements in piraeus thanks to your great videos , keep up the good work , i hope to be in piraeus as soon as possible
kind regards
peter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk