Author Topic: Members suggestions for improvement of the website  (Read 23998 times)

Offline Pilot Frans

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • Sanderse Shipphoto
Re: Members suggestions for improvement of the website
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2020, 05:53:19 PM »
The forum topic can only be found on the main page.
Perhaps also to put in the Forum page.

regards
Frans

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
I am with you on this 100% Pieter, no competition please ,let us leave this site to relax and make friends, not adversaries ,Even the "likes" on the site is to my thinking is already a kind of competitive means, which thank God did not catch up and should be discarded.
Please make your comments more informative on the  ship and less negative towards the poster of the picture.
Even information on the harbour or incidents re the vessel or site are more than welcomed (at least by me).
I have been more than 9 years since I joined up, and have had such a wonderful time with few negatives but more positivity. I made lots of unseen friends from all over the world, some of these dear friends have since passed away, and their exit from this life has left me as if I have lost one of the family.
Think and act positive my friends, we have enough problems in the world, let us not add others.
Keep calm and stay healthy, think positive and enjoy life.
regards
Emmanuel.L.(Malta)

Offline Bj

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2020, 04:01:54 PM »
Search in News and information
I can remember a time back all tried to find the names of Siem LNG new Vehicle Carriers

Offline ftakma

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • www.nauticagoods.com
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:09 PM »
Loading pictures is sometimes too hard because of the size. How can we make it easier to downloand? Is there any program that converts the size automatically when we download the picture in any size?

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2020, 07:59:52 AM »
Loading pictures is sometimes too hard because of the size. How can we make it easier to downloand? Is there any program that converts the size automatically when we download the picture in any size?

There is enough public software that allows you to resize pictures to any given dimension.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2020, 08:24:26 AM »
I am with you on this 100% Pieter, no competition please ,let us leave this site to relax and make friends, not adversaries ,Even the "likes" on the site is to my thinking is already a kind of competitive means, which thank God did not catch up and should be discarded.
Please make your comments more informative on the  ship and less negative towards the poster of the picture.
Even information on the harbour or incidents re the vessel or site are more than welcomed (at least by me).
I have been more than 9 years since I joined up, and have had such a wonderful time with few negatives but more positivity. I made lots of unseen friends from all over the world, some of these dear friends have since passed away, and their exit from this life has left me as if I have lost one of the family.
Think and act positive my friends, we have enough problems in the world, let us not add others.
Keep calm and stay healthy, think positive and enjoy life.
regards
Emmanuel.L.(Malta)

Agree with this. The most viewed should be removed, and the latest photographs on the home page expanded to show the latest three. It becomes a bit irrelevant when hit can be recorded via links to other sites such as Facebook. Sometimes it looks too much like a competition, and that's not the way it should be.

Offline L Brown

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2020, 10:11:31 AM »
I think my suggestion has been forgotten about.

L. Brown.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »

Agree with this. The most viewed should be removed, and the latest photographs on the home page expanded to show the latest three. It becomes a bit irrelevant when hit can be recorded via links to other sites such as Facebook. Sometimes it looks too much like a competition, and that's not the way it should be.

I suggested in the past that if the "most viewed" was to stay then the hit counter should only be active when the "viewer" is logged on to this site thus eliminating any hits from guests and links. "Most viewed" will then be driven by members only.

Offline Delship

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2020, 07:39:31 PM »
Also, put a stop to obnoxious comments like canberra's on this photo:

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=3148187

People are entitled to their opinions, but we don't need chavs harassing other members for those opinions. This is how you kill a site.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2020, 11:42:58 AM »
I have a totally different issue. The function to show the pictures on full screen works fine, even on the largest screens, (I use a 27 inch monitor) but the resolutions allowed here on this site are low enough to not fully fill the screen at all times, resulting in oversized pictures that give a poor impression.

My suggestion would be to rearrange the function in such a way that as soon as the full screen size will exceed the resolution of the shot, only the original size will be shown. (Show original size already exists as a function)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk