Author Topic: Koopvaardij  (Read 2959 times)

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Koopvaardij
« on: May 05, 2020, 05:21:34 PM »
I have found over 40 of my photographs on the above-mentioned blog site. Although I have been given a credit on each one, they have been lifted from this site without my permission Then they have been peosted on a Facebook group with no credit visible. I notice many other members' photos on there, too. Just a heads-up

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Koopvaardij
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:29 PM »
Occupational hazard I'm afraid these days. I've stopped worrying about it, if you post your photographs on the internet, it's the risk you take. I keep finding mine turning up in all sorts of different places.

Online pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 07:49:11 PM »
I have found over 40 of my photographs on the above-mentioned blog site. Although I have been given a credit on each one, they have been lifted from this site without my permission Then they have been peosted on a Facebook group with no credit visible. I notice many other members' photos on there, too. Just a heads-up

For your information

Foto's en tekst vallen onder
het auteursrecht

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 07:21:46 AM »
I've seen a few of mine credited to me, but more that are credited to "someone's collection". Haven't spotted a way to contact them either.

Offline Bob van Raad

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://koopvaardij.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:12:34 AM »
Sorry to go wrong Bob Scott, now recovered on Facebook
Indeed, KOOPVAARDIJ respects the copyright and also mentions there photographer with sign

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:12:57 AM »
Even though they gave me a credit on their blog - but not when they posted it on facebook -  Koopvaardij breached my copyright by using my photos without my permission.
They probably also breached the copyright of shipspotting.com by lifting my photos from this site and giving no acknowledgement of the fact.
I contacted Mr van Raad three times by Facebook Messenger and received no reply. He has been banned by the Facebook group involved but I suspect he may have been posting on others.
If he had contacted me for permission to use my pics on his blog, I might have said yes - but not for him to repost them on facebook groups.
Some members may be quite resigned to having their photographs lifted from this site for publication elsewhere. I am not.  It is against the law

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 01:02:37 PM »
Just for the record, Shipspotting has no copyright on any of the images posted here - that normally rests entirely with the photographer.  The site's copyright notice relates to the the sites own created content.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk