ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Koopvaardij  (Read 595 times)
Bob Scott
Home away from home

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2020, 05:21:34 pm »

I have found over 40 of my photographs on the above-mentioned blog site. Although I have been given a credit on each one, they have been lifted from this site without my permission Then they have been peosted on a Facebook group with no credit visible. I notice many other members' photos on there, too. Just a heads-up
Report to moderator   Logged
simonwp
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:29 pm »

Occupational hazard I'm afraid these days. I've stopped worrying about it, if you post your photographs on the internet, it's the risk you take. I keep finding mine turning up in all sorts of different places.
pieter melissen
Photo Corrections
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 07:49:11 pm »

I have found over 40 of my photographs on the above-mentioned blog site. Although I have been given a credit on each one, they have been lifted from this site without my permission Then they have been peosted on a Facebook group with no credit visible. I notice many other members' photos on there, too. Just a heads-up

For your information

Foto's en tekst vallen onder
het auteursrecht copyright
Zonder toestemming eigenaar
is publicatie niet toegestaan

This I found on the bottom of this blog. It translates as: Pictures and tekst are under copyright laws. Publication without permission from the owners is not permitted.

So go for it, several contributors to this blog are also posters here. (not me).  And for what it is worth, I glanced through their main page, and I did not find your name among the contributors.
Patrick Hill
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 07:21:46 am »

I've seen a few of mine credited to me, but more that are credited to "someone's collection". Haven't spotted a way to contact them either.
Bob van Raad
Just popping in

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 08:12:34 am »

Sorry to go wrong Bob Scott, now recovered on Facebook
Indeed, KOOPVAARDIJ respects the copyright and also mentions there photographer with sign , as also at the bottom KOOPVAARDIJ
Photos and text are included copyright copyright
Without owner's permission publication is not allowed

Sorry dat het fout is gegaan Bob Scott, inmiddels hersteld op Facebook
Inderdaad respecteert KOOPVAARDIJ het copyright en maakt daar bij elk bericht ook melding fotograaf met teken , zoals ook onderaan KOOPVAARDIJ staat
Foto's en tekst vallen onder
het auteursrecht copyright
Zonder toestemming eigenaar
is publicatie niet toegestaan
Bob Scott
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 09:12:57 am »

Even though they gave me a credit on their blog - but not when they posted it on facebook -  Koopvaardij breached my copyright by using my photos without my permission.
They probably also breached the copyright of shipspotting.com by lifting my photos from this site and giving no acknowledgement of the fact.
I contacted Mr van Raad three times by Facebook Messenger and received no reply. He has been banned by the Facebook group involved but I suspect he may have been posting on others.
If he had contacted me for permission to use my pics on his blog, I might have said yes - but not for him to repost them on facebook groups.
Some members may be quite resigned to having their photographs lifted from this site for publication elsewhere. I am not.  It is against the law
davidships
Webmaster
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 01:02:37 pm »

Just for the record, Shipspotting has no copyright on any of the images posted here - that normally rests entirely with the photographer.  The site's copyright notice relates to the the sites own created content.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: