Author Topic: Port of Bangkok traffic.  (Read 3334 times)

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • David Gallichan Flickr albums
Port of Bangkok traffic.
« on: February 06, 2020, 12:50:10 PM »
The average ship movements in a 24 hour period is about 30.
From 17-00hrs yesterday to 16-00hrs today there were 43 on the daily ship schedule.
The geared bulk carrier, Great Ocean was inward bound this morning with a length of 591 feet, 180 metres, the biggest ship to arrive in the last 3 months.
I am not sure what the limit is in length because the river is quite difficult to navigate in some places.
There was a ship due this morning called, Kenta Maru, ship schedule suggested it was a reefer, i looked on Marine Traffic this morning and it was shown off the Iberian coast.
At anchor was a ship called the Limco Maru, so i thought it must be an error on the ship schedule, i looked at Marine Traffic again a couple of hours later and the Kenta Maru was approaching Bangkok pilot station.

Offline Graham Moore

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • http://none
Re: Port of Bangkok traffic.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 08:10:24 PM »
The most ship movements Ive noted in one afternoon is 24 plus 1 tug, 3 bunker tankers and one vessel at anchor, and still enough time in between to do the Bangkok Post crossword ! Oddly the only bulk carrier I have noted passing there was one of my first sightings, LOVE ME TENDER. The place to see those is of course Koh Si Chang anchorage. I only went there once, taking the ferry from the pier at Sriracha for a trip to the island, quite a choppy trip on the way over, but improving later and luckily not downwind of any tapioca loading operations. 

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »
Another busy day, there were 44 ship movements today, 22 arrivals and 22 sailing and shifting.

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:01:03 PM »
Considering all the problems caused by the Corona virus, the port is still busy.
There are 41 movements in the next 24 hours, when you take out the Thai coastal ships and ships shifting berth there are still 31 movements, possibly the most since i arrived here.

Are there any ports around the world badly affected by these problems apart from cruise ships?.

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 01:40:18 PM »
The daily barge traffic on the river is staggering, there must be at least 50 to 75 thousand tonnes, when you add this to the ship traffic there is a big daily tonnage.
The port went very quite during the middle of April which coincided with the Thai new year, the Songkran water festival.
Records are made to be broken, yesterday there were 50 movements on the ship schedule, 24 arrivals and 26 sailing and shifting, that did not include 2 geared bulkers sailing loaded.
It seems that the Corona virus is not having much affect on the port.

Offline jrjong

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 01:18:58 PM »
Another busy day, there disney hub were 44 ship movements today, 22 arrivals and 22 sailing and shifting.
Thanks for the info. Been searching for this data for too long.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 02:22:38 PM by jrjong »

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 01:10:38 PM »
The geared bulk carrier, SEA ANGEL is due to arrive tomorrow afternoon, at 594 feet long she will be the longest ship to arrive since i arrived here.
There are 12 ship movements tomorrow afternoon, 10 of them are over 500 feet long.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk