Author Topic: Port of Bangkok tides  (Read 2075 times)

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • David Gallichan Flickr albums
Port of Bangkok tides
« on: November 19, 2019, 03:14:25 PM »
Hi all,

I have never seen tides like this anywhere in the world, probably the most unusual?
The last 5 days the AM tide has been the main tide, at high water the tide very slowly ebbs for about 5 hours only dropping a metre or so then comes in again, because the river level is already high you cant even see a flow, there is a small rise in river level then the tide ebbs for about 10 hours.
From Thursday there is only 1 tide per day for the following 3 days, not like Southampton where there are 4 tides per day
The tides are very favourable for shipspotting if you are prepared to put the hours in.

regards,
David

Offline Geir Vinnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Port of Bangkok tides
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 09:37:31 AM »
Hi David,

The way the tide water is now means for me that I can not walk to where I like to go to take photos at Laem Chabang, I need low water between 0700 and 1300 (Less than 2.2 meters), after that the sun makes it very difficult to take photos, but this changes all the time and some times the tide is in my favour and sometimes not. :-)
At the Laem Chabang/Koh Si Chang pilot list the tide water is listed at the top, I guess the tide water is much the same at Laem Chabang as in Bangkok: http://www.srirachapilot.org/index.php?lay=show&ac=article&Id=425258&Ntype=2 and if you do not have the internet adress already than you can visit this link to see the ship`s schedule at Bangkok: https://www.md.go.th/md/index.php/2014-01-19-05-00-37/2014-01-19-05-07-35/2014-01-26-16-19-36

Brgds,
Geir

Offline teachers

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • David Gallichan Flickr albums
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
Hi Geir,

Thanks for your response.
I am glad you responded because i wanted to ask you something.
Do you know if anybody offers a boat hire service to take you around the Koh Si chang anchorage?
I have noticed that there can be as many as 40+ ships anchored at any one time, if so, may be we could meet up and share the cost.
It would also be nice to meet up at Paknam, my favourite location.
Talking about high tides, the AM tide on the 15th of November was very high and my main vantage point was flooded.

best regards,
David.

Offline Geir Vinnes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 04:48:39 AM »
Hi David,

I will send you a PM a bit later today.

Brgds,
Geir

Offline Yvon Perchoc

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 01:16:22 PM »
Hi,

Data and curve of the Bangkok tide on : https://maree.shom.fr/harbor/BANGKOK/wl/0?date=2019-11-14&utc=7
You can modify the dates.

Regards,
Yvon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk