Author Topic: Find ship application  (Read 7509 times)

Offline Pak Agen

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Find ship application
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »
Good day,

any idea why in my phone can not access update ship's position at FIND SHIP application(android).
not only in Balikpapan port now, other ports also can't see ships traffic.

Error network or something reason?
maybe members can advice and thanks in advance

Best regards,

Offline sisko111

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Find ship application
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 09:12:00 AM »

I used that application until yesterday.
I'm glad it does not work anymore.It was full of photos taken from here (shipspotting ) without my permision..I suppose they did not ask permission of other members to post their photos on findship app too.
cheers Sinisa

Offline Pak Agen

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:10:08 AM »
any ref for other free app to use?

tks & rgds

Offline Adi Man

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 03:42:03 AM »
Vessel Finder Free

Offline Pak Agen

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 06:42:03 AM »
Vessel Finder Free

Thanks Adi
hope can see online position or accurate movement

Offline Pak Agen

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2019, 06:50:30 AM »
glad to see that the application resumed back to normal

but now smog pollution :'(

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Is anyone using on internet FLEETMON ?
Opinions about that one?
https://www.fleetmon.com/

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 04:29:12 PM »
I've been using Fleetmon since 2010.In the early years uploading only 3 or 4 photos per year where there was not an example on the site. Its really aimed at the professional/business shipping community but I did not realise that at the time. I just started uploading my photo's to the site, especially when they were looking for the first examples. However, it was then by chance that I was given free access to the site (usual cost 54 euros/$60 per month). Having become annoyed at sniping/criticism of photos uploaded to Shipspotting I found Fleetmon by chance and started uploaded my latest "captures" to them. Max of four personal photos per ship so you will not find multitudes of same ship and only ships in service on the site. Personally I only upload if there are less than 20 examples of a particular ship. Also as a member you can upload/correct subject to verification the data of each ship (Grosstonnage/ Miramar etc type info). Data is limited to non-members (search for a ship and see what is revealed. It might be enough for you).
After uploading approx 1000 photos (not exactly sure of number) I was sent a personal email by the "team" saying that I had been given the first paid level for free. ie. Access to all vessels, ports, details and images on FleetMon. Including undelayed ship positions from their terrestrial AIS receiver stations network, viewed on desktop or smartphone 24/7. Thus I can explore any world port via AIS day and night. There are other "plans" https://www.fleetmon.com/pricing-plans/ but way beyond my pensioner's pocket. The FREE one limits you to 15 minutes access per day. Deep sea Satellite tracking is available but at a price.
To date I've uploaded 3500 photos.Somewhere of the region of 1500 different ships.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 04:35:20 PM by ChasB46 »

Offline robertjone336

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »
App still not working on my end! Someone confirm is again working on it. I want to track some sea ships immediately.

Offline Sinisa Aljinovic

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
The best way is to set up your own AIS station and have updates every single minute.If you or any other member like to do it for FREE,please contact https://www.fleetmon.com/my/ais-stations

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk