Author Topic: Columbus  (Read 1699 times)

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Columbus
« on: June 03, 2019, 07:45:24 PM »
Cruise and Maritime's Columbus has suffered a major engine problem. Current cruise aborted, and vessel is on a lay-by berth in Ijmuiden, awaiting to shift to a drydock in Rotterdam for repairs. Next cruise, due to depart Tilbury on Wednesday has been cancelled. Subsequent cruises await full assessment of damage.

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Columbus
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:14 AM »
I was on this cruise. At departure from Amsterdam cruise terminal on Thursday, the ship turned to fast around and nearly hit the opposite quay. After passing the sea locks at Ymuiden, was moored at the cruise terminal for six hours but left for Norway after diver inspection. Next day at 23.45 hours it was announced that because of steering problems, the cruise was cancelled (was that full day sailing at 17.5 knots). Turned around in the night and back to Ymuiden at 11.5 knots. Arrival sunday morning and again moored at Ymuiden cruise terminal. Dutch and German passengers transferred to Amsterdam train station on Monday morning, about 1.200 British and other passengers today / Tuesday by busses over Calais to Tilbury. Sad to read now that also the next cruise is cancelled. Passengers were told several times that the vessel "hit an object under water" and "cancelled because of a minor technical problem". CMV is a good cruise firm, after been several times on their Magellan and one cruise on Marco Polo, this was my first with Columbus (but certainly not my last).
Pieter Inpyn

Offline Timsen

• Top Poster
    • View Profile

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk