Author Topic: Stolen photos on Delcampe  (Read 3844 times)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Stolen photos on Delcampe
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:32:58 PM »
Ths morning Yvon Perchoc alerted us through his photocomment that a member ("dodophoto") of the collectables trading website Delcampe was selling as "original photos" printed copies of images lifted from ShipSpotting:
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2518243

A few other members also contacted me about this.  In fact there were nearly 5000 of these images, probably all taken from here.  I do not know for how long dodophoto was making these available, or indeed how many he may have sold.

I have written to Delcampe (of which I am, as it happens, a member) drawing their attention to this serious breach of our members copyright and their Terms & Conditions, and expecting them to take real action in relation to the member concerned.

However, in the meantime, it seems that dodophoto has ended all 5000 of the ship offers.  Whether that is as a result of contacts made by individual Shipspotting members, or just when they were due to close anyway I don't know.  However, we will watch for any of them re-appearing, and follow up with Delcampe.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Stolen photos on Delcampe
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 10:22:57 AM »
Delcampe have replied this morning and have now told their member that he must stop doing this.

I will keep an eye on his offering to make sure that he does so.
(It will be interesting to see whether this has any effect on "dodophoto"'s offering of other copyright material, principally of thousands of celebrity photos)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk