Author Topic: New(?) CMA CGM ships  (Read 11191 times)

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
New(?) CMA CGM ships
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:45:39 PM »
CMA CGM has recently returned it's Panama Direct Service to a weekly call starting with today's call of MOZART in Rotterdam, instead of a fortnightly call as it had been for the winter months. They're introducing several ships to it for which I can find no information. Does anyone have any details on CMA CGM HIBISCUS, CMA CGM WARATAH, CMA CGM MULGA, or CMA CGM TAMARIND? Are these newbuildings or renamings?

These are listed as operated vessels both on the CMA CGM website and the Panama Direct schedule distributed daily to customers, stevedores and agents.

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: New(?) CMA CGM ships
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 01:45:04 AM »
Hi Jeff,
Did a search but much to my disappointment I'm currently not able to help you.
I suppose they will be around 2500 teu as the other ships in that service.
To my knowledge they have no such size ships on order so I suppose they will be chartered in.
Cheers,
Roy
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:47:16 AM by MO Roy »

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 04:05:15 AM »
Thanks Roy. I suppose I will have to wait until the first one phases into the service in mid-March.

I was just curious to whether they would be new ships, because I work as a superintendent overseeing loading and unloading of this service in Savannah and was hoping, quite selfishly, for new ships without as many rusty container twistlocks as some of the charter ships they brought in last year.  ;D

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:27:44 AM »
At one time they were showing a vessel by the name CMA CGM Kauri, but that has now emerged as the Mozart, which at one time sailed as CMA CGM Pointe des Salines, so maybe they are fake or temporary names.

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »
Could very well be, Tony. Our stevedore firm asked CMA-CGM for information recently so that we could build the vessels in our system in order to plan load/discharge, and their local office wasn't forthcoming with information so I suspect you may be right.

Offline Bj

• Supporter
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:40:10 PM »

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 06:53:45 AM »
The Hayling Island is one of the vessels on the PAD service. she is the ex CMA CGM Rose.

Offline Jeff Thoreson

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 04:47:23 PM »
Appears as these were dummy names as CMA CGM Hibiscus has been replaced with Bomar Calais.

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »
"The Hayling Island is one of the vessels on the PAD service. she is the ex CMA CGM Rose"

Maersk's schedule has the Hayling Island on a new service linking NZ with Tanjung Pelepas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk