Author Topic: SINGAPORE  (Read 3435 times)

Offline peter fox

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
SINGAPORE
« on: February 07, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »
Can Anyone tell me the best time to visit Singapore and a good hotel over looking the ships please.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 07:22:56 PM by davidships »

Offline Russell Judge

• Supporter
  • Just can't stay away
  • Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971
    • View Profile
Re: SINGAPORE
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 11:08:39 AM »
I am not sure that the time of year makes a lot of difference as far as heat is concerned as it is so near the Equator.
As far as rainfall is concernd, I went in May and had no rain at all.
I stayed on Sentosa Island at the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa and the view was fantastic, looking out over the Western anchorage. You will probably need to be on floor 5 or above to be above the trees.
However it is NOT CHEAP
Be sure to take the ferry to Kusu Island from Marina South but do not miss the last boat back at 16:00 Mon-Fri, 16:30 on Sat & 18:15 on Sundays and holidays. There are few facilities on the island so you may want to take food and water with you.
Have a great time

Offline libertyshiplad

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 05:13:12 PM »
One thing I would say that with a good telescope it's easy to read ships names,there never seems to be any shimmer.
Enjoy your stay.

Offline Robbie

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:04 PM »
A lot of people use a guy by the name of Geok to get out to the anchorages to photograph ships. He knows the ropes and can get you really close to ships anchored in the Eastern and Western anchorages. He has a small boat he charters out at an hourly rate. He will take direction and will take you to any specific ship you want to photograph.

He's well worth the money.

Regards Robbie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk