ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Revenge  (Read 1047 times)
perce

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2019, 03:20:58 pm »

Hi all,

I'm involved in Radio Caroline and spend much of my time aboard the Ross Revenge. I'm researching the ships history and would love to hear from anyone who crewed aboard her during her trawler days, either from Iceland as the Freyr, or from Grimsby as part of the Ross fleet.

Many thanks!
Report to moderator   Logged
David Meare
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 04:43:28 pm »

In 1964 I signed off the Brocklebank ship ‘Manaar’ as 2nd Radio Officer, having decided to look for a job elsewhere. Radio Caroline intrigued me and simultaneously I made enquiries with Radio Caroline and London & Overseas Freighters, as I was aware that they both had vacancies. I had interested responses from both but the LOF one resulted in an immediate interview and job offer that more than doubled my salary. Apart from several maritime near death experiences (collisions, fires, floodings) it was probably the better choice. I did come out of 1964 with a genuine Radio Caroline Tee shirt though. I still have it but can't squeeze into it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 06:53:13 pm by David Meare » Report to moderator   Logged
Robert J Smith
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:57:35 pm »

You could try asking on this website

http://www.trawlerphotos.co.uk/forums/forum.php
sam2182sw
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 08:08:10 pm »

HI I HAVE TWO VERY GOOD PHOTOS OF HER YOU CAN HAVE THEM IF YOU WANT THEM  SAM2182SW
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: