Author Topic: EQUASIS  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
EQUASIS
« on: January 14, 2019, 10:52:34 AM »
Equasis is recommended by this site as the 'go to' source for shipping information.   But how many of you are aware that your usage is limited?   The limit is not defined, it is not known whether it is a daily, weekly or monthly limit and no warning that you are approaching any limit is given.  But you will suddenly get a message on your screen that you have reached your 'page limit' and you are then locked out of the site for 7 days.   This has happened to me recently and also to a colleague chasing up information following a photo expedition to the Bosphorus.   So please be aware, you have been warned.  I could find no mention of this limit in the terms and conditions, and I am not sure whether it is a recent development, may be even a precursor to asking for payment for unlimited access.  If anyone has any more info. please share it with us.

Allan Ryszka-Onions

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: EQUASIS
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:38 AM »
haven't been there for ages. Miramar is my source to "go to", and that is not free either. 

Offline Joerg Seyler

• Photo Corrections
  • Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:31:55 AM »
I also had this problem. But I log out after about half hour and then I log in again. That way I can get informations all day long.

Joerg

Offline David Walker

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 02:24:50 PM »
...I am not sure whether it is a recent development...
Allan Ryszka-Onions

Hi Allan,

It's not a recent development, I came unstuck like this 5 or 6 years after a particularly good few days on the continent.

Best regards,
David

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 03:22:02 PM »
From Equasis 'Right of use' policy on the website:

The following actions are strictly forbidden:

The reproduction of data contained on the site in any way for commercial purposes.
Massive or bulk-downloading of data contained on the site.
Use of web-robot or similar technics to download data in an automated and/or regular manner.
The above list is not exhaustive. Equasis continuously monitors the activity on its website, and if misuse is detected, then the user's account can be locked without prior notice.

Brgds
Phil

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 04:32:40 PM »
Phil, and the definiton of "misuse" is not given, no doubt...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk