Author Topic: Equasis  (Read 5234 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Equasis
« on: March 09, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »
Just in last couple of days I have had a problem with Equasis.

When in 'Management detail' and clicking to see 'fleet' I get a message

Forbidden - you don't have permission to access /Equasis Web/restricted/Company info on this server

Does this mean Equasis are now restricting the 'free' access to information prior to charging for the information as Marine Traffic have done.  It seems to not fit in with their manta of free information for all.

Has anyone else got this message up when looking for owners or managers fleet information?

Allan

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Equasis
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 04:28:46 PM »
16.25 UK time ... no problems with full Equasis info.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »
can you get full managers fleet info Chas ?

Offline Aleksi Lindström

• Vice Webmaster
  • Top Poster
  • Never give up!
    • View Profile
    • My photos on Shipspotting.com
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »
Hi Allan,

I've had the same problem since this morning. Can't access fleet details and get the same error message.

Kind regards,
Aleksi

Offline DEREK SANDS

• Top Poster
  • taken in Holland 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »
Same error here :( Maybe its a server error, will have to wait and see :(

Offline ChasB46

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 07:17:16 PM »
Hi Allan, apologies ...did not know that link existed. Now I've found it, result same as your initial query.
Furthermore looking within Equasis ie "Equasis Data-Providers" it says ..."it should be noted that in the context of this accreditation procedure, data is to be provided to Equasis free of charge."
Could it be that Marine Traffic etc. are no longer willing to supply information for free?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:29:02 PM by ChasB46 »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 09:30:38 PM »
It's working OK for me, including fleet table, links etc EXCEPT if I am on a ship page in the "management detail" section and click either the IMO company number on the left or on a "details" arrow on the right, I get the "forbidden" page.

HOWEVER, if, on a ship page, I put the company name in the top right search box (for me it has orange letters), the company info comes up, including the fleet tab and list.  I get the same results from searching for the company at the opening search page.  So it does appear to be some form of glitch (navigation from a fleet list back to an individual ship works properly for me via the IMO number on the left or the "details" arrow)

There is no question of Equasis moving to a commercial basis.  The only info they take from MarineTraffic is the very generalised "Geographical information", which MT provide in exchange for the link to their ship photo gallery, VesselTracker.  This was, I think, only recently developed and there would also be no question of Equasis paying for it.  So don't worry on that score.

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 12:29:43 PM »
Yes it seems that it has to be reiterated time and time again. The whole point of Equasis is that it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk