Author Topic: Old Lifebelt  (Read 2281 times)

Offline spudsgud1947

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Old Lifebelt
« on: September 17, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
Following topic Re Lifebelt from the tug Freight Endeavor. A pal of mine worked on Deans tugs and told me Endeavor came to Hull from London with another tug (Mover) to work on the Bacat barge carrier service in the 70s (also Lash). This system did not survive as Dockers would not have anything to do with them and they where blacked.

Apparently endeavor had 500hp Rolls Royce Engine and has since been scrapped.

If anyone is in the Hull area i have an exhibition in the Freedom Center Preston Road of Watercolours i have done of Cargo ships from 60s 70s and 80s which i was involved with as a Cranedriver on Hull Docks.
They include Ben Line, Wilson, ED, Ellerman, Blue Star etc. This is an on going project with many more to do (currently Blue Flue) The exhibition is on the first floor. They where also shown in the old Pump House exhibition Alexandra Dock last year. I have tried to upload them on this Forum but having problems (too large and wont fit. must be doing something wrong)
I am not an Artist, its a hobby for which i enjoy doing since retiring in 2010.

Ps I have done Watercolours for P&O also Cunard of all Cruise ships and are to be Auctioned for there chosen Charities.

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Old Lifebelt
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Freight Mover is still around although looking totally different

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/search.php?query=freight+mover&x=0&y=0

Offline spudsgud1947

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Old Lifebelt
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 06:52:57 PM »
Thanks for that Robert. My mate Tennie will be pleased with that info.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk