Author Topic: Criticism of other members photographs  (Read 3091 times)

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Criticism of other members photographs
« on: September 01, 2018, 07:10:27 AM »
I have noticed over the last 24 hours that one member has taken to comments on the photographs of another member that his photographs are "uninteresting". I find that unnecessary and petty. There are many thousands of members on here, so there will be lots of members interested in lots of different aspects and types of ships. Just because you are not interested, it doesn't mean others aren't. If you are not interested just click past the photographs, and find something you are interested it. There will be members who are not interested in your photographs just as you are not interested in theirs. There is no need to make derogatory comments.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Criticism of other members photographs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 09:51:27 AM »
Yes Simon - and I have contacted that member.

I take the opportunity to remind all members that neither the forums nor photo comments are the right places for such comments, whether made explicitly or otherwise.
http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Code%20Of%20Conduct

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
Re: Criticism of other members photographs
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 06:42:04 PM »
Yes Simon, I second your positive comments. I always comment in a positive way especially if the photo posted is by a new member.If the photo has some flaws , I try to make suggestions to help the member to rectify the photo and not destroy his effort. Not everybody has the means  to equip himself with sophisticated cameras, drones etc. So let us be positive and offer our help and suggestions.
Thanks for the space.
Emmanuel.L.(Malta)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk