ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a site problem?  (Read 90518 times)
pieter melissen
Photo Corrections
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: June 21, 2020, 07:42:05 pm »

I have not suffered any recent hiccups, but since two days I am getting that red unsafe site warning sign, same as Derek Sands. So I am afraid that my password is susceptible here......

I am using Firefox and I do not get any warning whatsoever. Never did.
Report to moderator   Logged
andrecas
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 21, 2020, 08:16:42 pm »

When I log on PC (using Edge) there is a note in address bar the reads... "Be careful here your connection to this website is not encrypted. This makes it easier for someone to steal sensitive information such as passwords".  I subscribe to Norton 360 with VPN and Malwarebytes premium, which work overtime when on site this. If I did not make exceptions (permissions) in browser to access this site I would not be able to log on. When I log-on site with mobile device the address bar reads "Not Secure" in red letters. It is my understanding site Tech folks have been working on "https" designation, for some time now. I wonder if they have an update as to their progress....?
davidships
Webmaster
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 21, 2020, 08:17:28 pm »

IT have confirmed my belief, as also noted by ChasB46.
They do not signify any change in the security of Shipspotting.com, but changes and inconsistent approaches to standard warnings generated by browsers when encountering 'http' sites - note that Pieter is not getting the ongoing little sign (a padlock with a red line through it) that I get even though we are using the same browser; at the same time Dirk kindly sent me a couple of screen shots, which showed different forms of the message on consectutive days.

Just a quick check across the webpages I have opened in the last hour shows that amongst the http sites that show exactly the same "alert" are Equasis, SeatheShips, Clydeships, Crewlist.org, Danish Government Shipregister, RFA Historical Society.  This is not to be complacent but just to give a context.

Meanhile IT have confirmed "A change to HTTPS is on our roadmap for ShipSpotting and it is expected to be implemented in around 2 months from now."

@Andrecas.  The old IT set-up indeed said it was "on the job" but actually never did anything.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:21:24 pm by davidships » Report to moderator   Logged
Anthony Legg
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2020, 07:19:54 am »

Monday afternoon in Western Australia and the site appears to be very slow, taking many minutes to load a picture or shift to a different section. User activity doesn't appear to be high but site access is sluggish.
Paul Finnigan
Photo Administrator
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2020, 07:36:24 am »

Yes I'm having the same issues thumbnails not showing.   
ChasB46
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2020, 09:30:34 am »

I'm having no problems in UK. As fast as usual. Instant thumbnails etc.
Checked ...My message hit the "Home" page quicker than I could.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:32:52 am by ChasB46 » Report to moderator   Logged
davidships
Webmaster
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2020, 09:42:51 am »

Seeing everying promtly.  Not quite the fastest, but that may be my rural IT connections
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: