Author Topic: Kopersand 9084487  (Read 3792 times)

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Kopersand 9084487
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:24:16 PM »
Does anyone have any information regarding the Kopersand, currently being towed into Southampton through the Needles Channel by the tugs Wyeforce and Wyestorm.   She arrived in Freshwater Bay, southwest of the Isle of Wight, I has assumed for shelter, yesterday whilst on a voyage from Hull to Pasajes.  Southampton VTS is useless - they think she is arriving from Shoreham.  Any info welcomed.

Allan
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:59:28 PM by Allan RO »

Offline ALAN

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: Kopersand 9084487
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:30:45 PM »
See https://www.vesseltracker.com/en/Ships/Kopersand-9084487.html

Freighter threatened to drift into wind farm

The "Kopersand" suffered an engine breakdown on Feb 28 a 10.25 p.m. and requested tug assistance. Already at 7.13 a.m. the vessel was reported as not under command, and subsequently at 4.24 p.m. declared as back under command. Weather on scene was eastern winds with 6-8 Beaufort, occasionally severe gale 9. The ship finally anchored 18,6 miles from Langdon Battery, in postion 50 57 N 01 00 E on March 1 at 4.30 a.m. She was finally taken in tow to Southampton by the tug "Onyx", ETA 5 p.m. The Shoreham lifeboat which had been deployed to assist in the meantime has been released and also the "Rampion" windfarm vessels which went on standby to assist due to the collision risk were stood down. Timewise the Solent Coastguard had considered to sent a helicpopter of the Coastguard and wto task a second lifeboat, if the crew of seven required evacuation. 

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 05:23:59 PM »
KOPERSAND also spent nine hours at anchor off Dymchurch on 28th.  Don't know whether that was an earlier engine trouble or just due weather.

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 05:41:47 PM »
Thanks Alan and David, I thought I had seen the Onyx with her yesterday on AIS.   Onyx had been at St. Helens Anchorage for some considerable time.

Allan

Offline newda898

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 01:45:30 AM »
Does anyone have any information regarding the Kopersand, currently being towed into Southampton through the Needles Channel by the tugs Wyeforce and Wyestorm.   She arrived in Freshwater Bay, southwest of the Isle of Wight, I has assumed for shelter, yesterday whilst on a voyage from Hull to Pasajes.  Southampton VTS is useless - they think she is arriving from Shoreham.  Any info welcomed.

Allan

Southampton VTS receive their information from agents and whatever is declared by the ship in question.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk