Author Topic: Shipping Databases  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Somerset_John

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Shipping Databases
« on: September 21, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »
Hi
Having been unable to find a shipping database that meets my requirements I am attempting to build my own Access database.  Could anybody who has managed this themselves contact me please? (? Possibly off list?).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:42:47 PM by davidships »

Offline Tony des Landes

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Databases
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 08:14:33 PM »
Hi John

I have created an Access database to record all shipping movements at the Port of Napier

I also record ship details and histories and I can also link to photos.

I've attached a Word document which gives a very brief overview.

If this is of interest you can have a copy which could be used as a template and modified to suit your own requirements

Tony
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 08:43:06 PM by davidships »

Offline Aquizard

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Databases
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:09:32 AM »
I use excel for my databases of shipping movements in the South East for: Littlehampton, Shoreham, Newhaven and Rye. I have been using Excel since I took over producing this information for a branch of the WSS, some 5 years ago.

I would add that a former WSS member now resident in Gibraltar also uses Excel for his databases on the monthly shipping movements in and around the Ports and the bay.

Whether or not you use Access or Excel is a matter of personal preference. With present MS products one can import and export data from either packages, although I have not done this I have been given a demo to show that it can be done.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk