Author Topic: New category.  (Read 7203 times)

Offline MattB

• Just can't stay away
  • Soon.......................
    • View Profile
New category.
« on: July 22, 2017, 10:03:28 AM »
I've read through some previous notes on the forum re: new categories. Wondered if such a category could be for "Vessels at anchor". I seem to take a lot of photo's of vessels in such a circumstance.

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: New category.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:53:05 PM »
Please, please, no more categories!

Offline Tuomas Romu

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 02:07:30 PM »
Please, please, no more categories!

Agreed. What next? Vessels underway? Vessels moored at pier? Vessels going backwards? Vessels turning?

Anchored ships can be categorized by ship type.

Offline Emmanuel.L

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:54:39 AM »
No please no such category as Mattyboy requested, if we have to add  another category I rather it will be "photos by Drone", and how about ditching the category "examples" ? I cannot comprehend its use.
And please may the contributors or Administration that after a photo is identified in the Mystery category ,it will be transferred to its relevant category. As for the "historical/Unidentified funnels" , it is the same ,transfer to "Shipping Companies Funnel..." after identification. Contributors should follow up their postings and amend accordingly, and not leave a photo in the Unidentified category.
Thanks and regards
Emmanuel.L.(Malta)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 06:59:51 AM »
A category should be based on WHAT the ship is, not WHERE it is. This approach would also imply that for instance  "casualties", "ships in drydock"  and "storm pics" should no longer be continued. I would not be opposing that. 

Clydee

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 11:02:10 AM »
Hi Pieter

Re "A category should be based on WHAT the ship is, not WHERE it is. This approach would also imply that for instance  "casualties", "ships in drydock"  and "storm pics" should no longer be continued. I would not be opposing that. "

If your suggestion was adopted, how would you suggest dealing with those vessels now categorised as Inland Vessels?

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 12:19:24 PM »
I see absolutely no problem with categorisation of inland vessels. ie: just as they are now. The idea of a category for vessels at anchor is little short of daft.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 02:24:55 PM »
Hi Pieter

Re "A category should be based on WHAT the ship is, not WHERE it is. This approach would also imply that for instance  "casualties", "ships in drydock"  and "storm pics" should no longer be continued. I would not be opposing that. "

If your suggestion was adopted, how would you suggest dealing with those vessels now categorised as Inland Vessels?

simply as inland vessels, i.e. everything that is not seagoing..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk