ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scratch built coaster  (Read 1512 times)
Arne Jürgens
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2017, 01:13:08 pm »

Hi all,
I want to show you a video of my scratch built coaster KÖHLBRAND. The original was built in 1955 by Schiffswerft Holst in Neuenfelde, a little town near Hamburg.

Video of KÖHLBRAND --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnILyuOgO50  <-- please vote HD1080P

Krgds
Arne
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:34:49 pm by Arne Jürgens » Report to moderator   Logged

All my photos are ©opyrighted by international laws. For commercial use contact me for a price, and you will get a better resolution. But of course you are free to download my pics for private use.
Dеnis
Photo Administrator
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:34:32 pm »

Lovely model, Arne - hard to believe it's actually a 1m long!  Shocked  Goes pretty fast too, maybe some 30kn if scalled, hehe...
Is there a reason behind building exactly that ship among all & how long it took to complete it?
Report to moderator   Logged
Tomas Østberg- Jacobsen
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:35:01 pm »

Arne: Fantastic!

Jury Gusev
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:37 pm »

Hello, Arni! Very nice and cool ship. Especially – radar moving! Brgds Gusev
Michael Wirth
Just popping in

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 06:15:49 pm »

Hello Arne!

Looking at the pictures and videos of this and your other models I have to say: you build very beautiful and well crafted ships!

I like the prototype and the model is a perfect representation of it.

And I like the paintjob - not that unrealistic rust and dirt all over ...

If my own yard wasn't so crowded with ships in various stages of completion at the moment I would be tempted to ask you for a plan or hull if available ...

Best regards,

Michael.
Arne Jürgens
Top Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 09:13:02 pm »

Hi all,
many thanks for your kind words! Glad you like my model. It's great to see that so many people are interested in my shipyard Smiley.

@Dennis: I need 4-5 month to build this model. The reason to build it was my childhood, where I've been very often at the Kiel canal. A lot of these coasters could be seen in the 1970-80'ies near my hometown Rendsburg. These kind of ships are/ were my favorits Wink. It was my dream to built a little fleet of old coasters. Meanwhile I'm the owner of 5 old 'model' Kümos Cool which were build by myself Wink.

@Michael: I didn't built a shape for the hull of this one, but I could deliver some planes of those old coasters to you, if you're interested in.

Enclosed I want to show you some other pics of the finished model:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:14:54 pm by Arne Jürgens » Report to moderator   Logged

All my photos are ©opyrighted by international laws. For commercial use contact me for a price, and you will get a better resolution. But of course you are free to download my pics for private use.
seaway7228
Not too shy to talk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 01:39:59 am »

Very pleasant looking craft, It looks alive. I like the garbage drum on the poop rails, nice touch. I guess not allowed todays age of statutory Marpol! Did you build the hull, plank on frame, and what materials have been utilised. ie. the usual mix of wood, plastic, and anything suitable that comes to hand. What scale.. maybe I missed that somewhere. Cheers Greg
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: