Author Topic: NEW Journalist seeking help in Jeddah on the 30th. of May  (Read 4456 times)

Offline Morten Frich

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
NEW Journalist seeking help in Jeddah on the 30th. of May
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:04:10 AM »
I'm looking for help from a shipspotter, who can help out with some photos of a vessel in Jeddah. ETA : 2017-05-30 07:12 LT (UTC +3).

I'm an investigative reporter at the Danish daily, Information. My current topic is arms trade. Please email me on [email protected] for further information.

Keep up everybody!

All the best

Morten Frich

Offline Riverman2903

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Journalist seeking help in Jeddah on the 30th. of May
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 08:54:59 PM »
I have no idea how safe Jeddah is for ship spotters taking photo's in a restricted port area, I suspect not very unless you are crew on a ship so the chances of you finding an enthusiast willing to risk it must be very small.

Have you tried doing a search on here for anyone local? In the top right corner of the main page you will see a SEARCH box. If you select the 'Advance search' option and then select 'Jordan' as the country that will bring up photo's that have been taken and the name of the photographer; you can contact the relevant member via this page.

Good luck.

Riverman

Offline Trygve Eriksen

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Journalist seeking help in Jeddah on the 30th. of May
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »
Perhaps "Your" ship asked for is now returning up the Red Sea to the Suez-Canal, according to Marine Traffic.  She seems perhaps to have been in port for abt. 12 hrs.  If You have seen her at Marine Traffic for some time, you will perhaps have registered her draught at different times, ahead of and after visiting the port You were interested in. At internet I think You will find details on that ship, incl. tables showing draught and  weight of cargo.......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk