Author Topic: Dover Western Docks  (Read 3481 times)

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Dover Western Docks
« on: May 01, 2017, 03:20:57 PM »
Hi,

Thinking of trying to catch some of the cruise ships at Dover during the summer, with all the construction work going on, what are the photo opportunities like in the Western Docks?

Regards

Bob

Offline TEDINGHAM

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dover Western Docks
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 07:28:23 PM »
Hello Robert,
The work on the Dover Western Docks Revival has begun in earnest so views of the cruise ships are quite limited now. I went down there the other week to photograph the HAMBURG alongside CT1. I walked along the Admiralty Pier to the Turret and managed to get a photo of her alongside.I then walked to the end of the Admiralty to photograph the Causeway dredging alongside the Prince of Wales Pier.Note that this can be closed for securuty reasons depending on the cruise line.Disney insist that it is closed. To see my video search Ted Ingham on You Tube and it will listed on the page.Two very good web sites are www.doverforum.com/sea-news/ and on Facebook..DoverStraitMedia....Loads of information and photos.St Martins Battery Car Park which is above the harbour on the Western heights is very good for aerial shots.Most of the cruise ships arrive early morning approx 0630 and leave early evening. Hope this helps. Cheers Ted

Offline Robert J Smith

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Dover Western Docks
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 02:15:34 PM »
Thanks Tedingham. I was hoping the Prince of Wales pier was open again  :(
Last time I went to Dover I hoped to get one of the AIDA ships but ended up on top of the cliffs to get a view. The Disney boat was on my hit list for this year as well.
Maybe I'll try the Dover White Cliffs tour boat but last time I did that we were so close it was impossible to get a decent photo.

Thanks again

Bob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk