Author Topic: Smyril from the UK  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Pegpilot

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Smyril from the UK
« on: April 24, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »
Hi all,
Just back from a trip to the Faroes and Iceland from the UK.  Now that the DFDS Esbjerg service is closed, we opted to fly to Oslo, have a night there and take Stena Saga to Frederikshavn overnight and then by train to Hirtshals to pick up Norrona. The Smyril trip was great, with the bonus that the outbound trip routed straight through the gap in the Shetlands rather than to the north or south.  We saw Smyril's two other vessels, the Eystnes and Smyril, in Torshavn before leaving for Iceland. Seydisfjordur was quiet but the bus trips into eastern Iceland were good. And then back to the Faroes where I took the Nolsoy Ferry across Torshavn bay and back. On our return to Hirtshals we took the Superspeed 1 acrosd to Larvik and then on by train to Oslo and home. An interesting diversion approaching Larvik was the Norwegian special forces practicing boarding from speedboats. But yes, the Smyril round trip is one I'd recommend (including the bridge tour), and I'll stick a few photos on the board later

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk