ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipspotting at Rozenburg  (Read 491 times)
pieter melissen
Photo Corrections
Home away from home

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »

Since 01/05/2017 the Restaurant "De Veerheuvel" at the ferry terminal in Rozenburg has got new management. The previous manager lived in the small cottage at the back of the restaurant and the good news is that the new manager is planning to offer this as a B&B facility. I can hardly imagine a better starting place for shipspotting operations if you are not an inhabitant of our little village.
Report to moderator   Logged
Bob Scott
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 04:29:14 pm »

That’s interesting, Pieter. Maybe I’ll check it out for my next visit to the Waterweg. I first visited the Veerheuvel in the late 1960s – taking refreshment during quiet periods for shipspotting  at Rozenburg. I now know that “Veerheuvel” translates as “Ferry hill” but back in those days we called if the “ferry hovel” a hovel being an old shack. It was by no means an ld shack.
I remember the most popular records on the juke-box were Cliff Richard’s Eurovision-winning “Congratulations “ and “I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman” by Whistling Jack Smith.
Evening refreshments were usually taken in “Het Veerhuis” on the Maassluis side which, alas, is no longer there (I believe)
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: