Author Topic: Saudi patrol boats transiting Kiel  (Read 4080 times)

Offline mazatollah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Saudi patrol boats transiting Kiel
« on: March 01, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »
Could German shipspotters kindly take pictures of the next batch of Saudi patrol boats being transported aboard heavy lift ship from Mukran? The ship might be HHL Congo.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Saudi patrol boats transiting Kiel
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 06:28:33 AM »
HHL Congo sailed from Hamburg to Mukran via Skaw and Sund (Copenhagen range) . When they take this way back nobody will see the ship. Whenm they are transiting the Kiel Canal I will make photos if there is daylight.

Offline mazatollah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »
Thank you in advance. Let's hope there is light....

Offline Trygve Eriksen

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
According to Marine Traffic  -  AIS,   her  route forecast is through  NOK ,  the Kiel Canal.  With speed and distance she perhaps is available for shot in the Canal tomorrow, Friday March 3rd.   Marine traffic will give and idea of her position.  I would like to see her deck cargo photographed.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:21 AM »
Ship is heading North through the Sund and Skaw, so no photos from the deck cargo

Offline Trygve Eriksen

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 04:02:56 PM »
Sorry, the route forecast on Marine Traffic was wrong.  I see she now is sailing a round the Skaw at a distance off abt.  6 nautival miles, so You have to have a very good camera, perhaps  long distance drone to get a picture of the deck cargo.

Offline mazatollah

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 04:57:06 PM »
Sadly, it seems we have missed it....maybe they read our notice here??

Offline Pekka Laakso

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 03:28:09 AM »
According to Marine Traffic  -  AIS,   her  route forecast is through  NOK ,  the Kiel Canal.  With speed and distance she perhaps is available for shot in the Canal tomorrow, Friday March 3rd.   Marine traffic will give and idea of her position.  I would like to see her deck cargo photographed.
Never - ever trust MarineTraffic Route Forecast function. It just calculates the route from some kind of parametres without taking account the current draught, weather forecasts, is the ship in timetable etc important factors. I suggest not using it.

Example: A similar load (a Finnish warship being transported from Italy for Turku) carried on the deck of a BigLift heavy lift was heading towards Skaw already off Esbjerg, when I clicked MT Route Forecast, and it gave the route via the Kiel Canal as result! I really have no idea why it gave that result even though the vessel was already so far approaching Danish coast.

@miraflores: there are photographers for example in Helsingborg. I just have no idea are they uploading their photos here as I usually don't browse the photos here. Just read this forum from time to time or search some certain ships I need to know are there new photos or not.

Rgds,
Pekka
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:36:07 AM by Pekka Laakso »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk