Author Topic: cruise terminal at Hull ?  (Read 4198 times)

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
cruise terminal at Hull ?
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:26:09 AM »
Has anyone knowledge about cruise ships leaving from Hull? Does Hull have a cruise terminal or do companies use the P&O ferry building for the check-in? Where are the cruise ships, such as MARCO POLO of CMV moored: on the river or in a dock and which one? Any info most welcome as I arrive at Hull by the P&O ferry by foot and can not find detailed information about the whereabouts of a cruise terminal or the quay used by the cruise ships.

Offline Darren Round

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: cruise terminal at Hull ?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »
Hi Pieter,
The cruise ships that use Hull all berth in King George Dock and passengers check in at the P&O terminal building.
It is only the smaller cruise ships that use Hull during the summer for about 3 or 4 weeks usually, consisting of 3 or 4 seven night voyages.
Marco Polo and Azores both used it last year.
Decent photo's can be obtained at the lock gates, which is a public right of way, but it does involve a lengthy walk from the free car park alongside where the POH/POR berth.
Hope this helps.

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 05:41:20 PM »
As Darren has posted, usually they berth at the P&O ferry terminal, although other quays have been used in the past with a large marquee set up. Unfortunately most arrivals are in the early morning hours and departures usually later in the evening.

Where possible I have ventured to the small village of Paull to the east of Hull to get them arriving as I find the security arrangements at the lock restrictive for good photos. However this wouldn't be an option for you on foot  :( Used to be a lot better as seen http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2611763

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
Thank you so far the info but I am not going to Hull for taking photo's but to board the cruise ship MARCO POLO of CMV (because she will leave the CMV fleet in May 2017 and I want to travel at least once in this "oldie"). So far I know that there are two P&O terminals, one for Rotterdam (on the river) and one for Zeebrugge (in the dock). I will arrive by foot (no car) at the Rotterdam terminal. I think the cruise ships will be somewhere inside the dock and not on the river. What quay I would very much like to know and how I can walk there.

Offline Patrick Hill

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.quaysides.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 07:57:10 PM »
Hi Pieter - you are correct - you will arrive on river terminal and the cruise will go from inside the dock, usually from near to the Zeebrugge ferry. It would take about 20-30 minutes to walk between the two locations, but as the Rotterdam ferry disembarks around 08:00 and I believe the cruise ship embarks from early afternoon you may have some time to kill. As facilities on the riverfront are scarce I would recommend getting the local bus into Hull city centre to pass the morning then a taxi back to the cruise ship. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk