Author Topic: My Trip Reports - Steven Collingwood  (Read 28605 times)

Offline Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
    • Steven Collingwood on SmugMug
Re: My Trip Reports - Steven Collingwood
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 12:42:39 PM »
Thanks for all the comments.

I do spend a lot of time at the Fort, it is very enjoyable, though it is about a 2.5 hour drive from my house.  Luckily I enjoy driving.

Spent the day from about 10am to 5pm o the 29th (Sunday) at the Fort.  Ships seen and photographed include-

Atlantic (Barge dredge towed by Miss Gill), Balsa 92, Century Melody, Island Lookout, Maersk Memphis, Miss Gill, MSC Erminia, Paradise Creek (tug), Pontovremon, Rays, Robusto, Tonsberg, US Navy Police Boat 3, a USAF Police Boat, and ZIM Ontario.

No chickens were seen, but lots of Sea Gulls!!!
Steven Collingwood

Offline Rick Vince

• Top Poster
  • Saludos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »
The S.O. chickens have made contact here too - they have extraordinarily red & angry faces.  :o
They told me to instruct you to add more ship photos - of good quality.

Please don't take offence, I am just repeating their orders.

I know you will understand,
Rick

::)

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 01:29:14 PM »
I understand and will comply
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 02:02:32 PM »
Spent the Friday (2/3) 10am-5pm and Saturday (2/4) 7:30am-5pm at Fort Monroe Hampton VA.

Ships seen include-
Anatasia, Balsa 92, Capt Jeff, Capt. Johnny, Eva Marie, Ever Learned, Frank & Maria, Ivory Coast with Columbia Freedom, Gold Coast, Gopher State being towed by G.M. McAllister-Patrice McAllister-Steven McAllister, Gram-Me, Island Pilot, Langley Douglas, Monte Tamaro, MSC Lausanne, MSC Michaela, Nikki Jo C, Niledutch Osprey, Paradise Creek, Schuylkill, Stellaprima, Triton Hawk, USCGC Nantucket, USS Dwight D. Eisenhower, and USS Vella Gulf.

Will be posting some of these pictures soon.  I hope this pleases the Evil Overlord Space Chickens!!!

;)
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 03:24:44 PM »
Spent Feb 12th in Southport and Wilmington NC.  Southport is near the ocean entrance of the Cape Fear River that leads to Wilmington NC.  I live in Greenville NC, and Norfolk VA is actually just about the same distance as Wilmington NC is from me.

Ships seen include-
6003 (Barge), Cape Fear Pilot II, Cape Hatteras, Elizabeth Ann, Mark Moran, MSC Rochelle, Nordic Ruth, PRT Ace, Rothorn, Star Isfjord, USCGC Diligence, USS North Carolina (BB 55)

I also hope to post another shipspotting.com location.
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »
To please the Evil Overload Space Chickens I spent part of Sunday 02-19 and Monday 02-20 taking pictures at Fort Monroe Hampton VA.

Ships seen include-
AOM Julia, Atlantic Conveyor, Clover Ace, Corato, COSCO Guangzhou, Delphinus, E.R. Texas, Glen Edwards, Komi, Northern Justic, Tarago, USCGC Escanaba, USCGC Tampa, USNS Comfort, USNS William McLean, USS Bataan, USS Mitscher, USS Nitze, Xin Mei Zhou, and ZIM Tarragona

Hope everyone is good!!!
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 01:51:15 PM »
Spent a good portion of the day on Saturday, March the 4th at Fort Monroe Hampton VA.

Ships seen include:
Bao Ning Ling, Chem Altamira, CMA CGM Florida, CMA CGM Tancredi, Europe, Maersk Visby, MSC Alessia, Northern Monument, USNS Arctic, USS Detroit, Wise Young, and Yorktown Express.

Hope to spend tomorrow (the 6th) up there then.

After that probably will not be able to do anything until I go on vacation later in the month. (Imagine 3 whole weeks without seeing a patient, I love being a paramedic, but a break is good).

During vacation planning on driving to Savannah GA, Jacksonville FL (briefly), Cape Canaveral FL, Key West FL, Tampa FL, and Pensacola FL.  Any thing readers would suggest I should do/go there?

TTFN
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
Spent a good portion of the day, Monday March 6th at Fort Hampton VA.  Will probably be the last time ship spotting for the next few weeks (BOOO...  I really enjoy it) but will be going on vacation towards the end of the month and it very well could provide some interesting opportunities for new ship spotting sites (YAAAAYYYY!!!!)

Ships seen include-
Cape Aster, Colombo Express, MSC Roma, NYK Nebula, OOCL Seoul, Philadelphia Express, USNS Arctic, USNS Leroy Grumman, USS Arlington, and YM Unity

P.S. - Please feel free and encouraged to comment/like/make observations on my photos and forum posts.  I enjoy the feedback and I am constantly trying to improve my picture taking techniques.  If not, that is OK too.  Either way, thanks for looking (if your reading this your looking) and best wishes!!!
Steven Collingwood

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 12:31:18 PM »
Thanks Steven
Looking forward seeing what you find on vacation.

David

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 12:49:34 PM »
Thanks, I am looking forward to it, just be aware most photos probably will not be posted till after the first week in April
Steven Collingwood

• Photo Corrections
  • Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2017, 11:47:13 PM »
03-19...  Started Vacation today.  Drove to Charleston SC today, stopping briefly in Wilmington NC.  Ships spotted include...  Carnival Ecstasy, USCGC Escanaba, USS Whidbey Island, and USS Yorktown.  Plan for tomorrow is to drive to Savannah GA.

(Just be aware that most/if not all pictures will not be posted until starting in mid to late April 2017)

03-21...  Due to internet failure at the hotel last night, I was unable to update.  Yesterday spent some of the morning in Charleston SC, then drove Savannah GA (with a stop in between to fight some fire ....  seriously, the road shoulder was on fire and had to put it out).  Today drove to Mayport/Jacksonville FL and then drove to Cocoa Beach FL (Port Canaveral).  Will be here for the next couple of days.  Hope to take a harbor tour, go to the space center, and check out some museums.  If you know of anyplace to check out in the Cape Canaveral area, please let me know!!!
Ships seen in the past couple of days include.... Bahama Spirit, Buccoo Reef, Ever Living, Grandeur of the Seas, Hoegh Shanghai, Independence, MOL Motivator, NOAAS Ferdinand R. Hassler, PAC Singus, Resolve, and YM Utmost

Hope everything is doing ok.

03-22-17 Went to Kennedy Space Center today.  Not ship spotting, but still nice.  Did get a couple of pics of small ships/boats going in and out of Cape Canaveral.  Hope to get pics of bigger ships in the next couple of days.  Don't want to offend the Evil Overlord Space Chickens, if you get my drift.

03-23-17 Went to the US Navy SEAL/UDT Museum and then spent time watching Port Canaveral some more.  Was able to get some pictures of - American Endurance, Carnival Liberty, and Disney Wonder among other stuff.  Hope to take a tour of the harbor tomorrow if the weather is ok.

03-24-17 So the harbor tour didn't happen - winds were too high for the boat.  Did spend some time at Jetty Park doing some ship spotting.  Ships seen include Balsa 92, Majesty of the Seas, and Disney Dream.  Plan for tomorrow is to drive down the ocean highway to Key West.

03-25-17 Drove to Key West today.  Did get into town in time to watch the Nieuw Amsterdam and some small ferries leave.  Plan for tomorrow is to go on a day long trip on the Yankee Freedom III to the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson.

03-26-17 Went on day cruise to Fort Jefferson in the Dry Tortugas aboard the Yankee Freedom III.  Also got some pics of Brilliance of the Seas and Eurodam as well as smaller ships and boats.  Plan for tomorrow is to explore Key West and Fort Z. Taylor.

03-27-17 Spent the day around Fort Taylor in Key West FL.  Saw some small craft.  Plan for tomorrow is to drive to Tampa.  Will spend some time in the next few days at Fort De Soto their and also take a harbor tour.

03-28-17 Drove from Key West to Clearwater FL, that took most of the day, but I did get to get pictures of the Carnival Breeze as she came into Key West before I left.  Plan for the day tomorrow is try out some shipspotting sites at Fort De Soto and the Skyway Bridge for Tampa/St. Petersburg FL.

03-29-17 Spent the day at Fort De Soto at the entrance to Tampa Bay in Florida USA.  Really thought I would see more, but I guess I came on a day with little scheduled.  Did get pictures of the SFL Dee and Texas Enterprise.

03-30-17 Took a harbor tour and then spent some time at Fort De Soto again.  Ships seen include..  Joint Frost, JAG Punit, American Victory, Brilliance of the Seas, Western Spirit, Gary Chouest, Norwegian Jade, and OSG Independence.  Plan for the day tomorrow is to drive to Pensacola.  Will be there for a couple of days - might try to go to Mobile for a day trip during this.

03-31-17 Drove to Pensacola FL today, so didn't take a lot of pictures.  Did go by Plaza De Luna (thanks to Tad Arnold for the info) and did see and take pictures of the tanker Eagle Sydney.  Hope to go to Mobile for the day tomorrow.

04-01-17 Spent the day down on the waterfront in Mobile AL.  Saw a number of tugs, 3 Independence Class Corvettes/LCS fitting out at AUSTAL USA Shipbuilding, UBC Montego Bay arrive and other ships.  Plan on going to the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Barrancas and Fort Pickens tomorrow.  Probably won't get any ship pictures.

04-06-17 After spending time with family and doing a lot of driving, spent my final day of vacation at Fort Monroe Hampton VA.  Ships seen include ...  Atlantic Sea, Elvia, Northern Majestic, NYK Diana, USNS Arctic, USS Mitscher, USS Winston S Churchill and Yorktown Express.  Then I managed to ruin my camera (BUMMER MAJOR TIME).  Hope to start posting pics tomorrow.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:24:29 PM by Steven Collingwood »
Steven Collingwood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk