Author Topic: Copyright abuse - Shelby80  (Read 34167 times)

Offline JanHu

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Please check maybe your photos there
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
Hello. Shelby80's account has been suspended.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:54:18 AM by JanHu »

Offline DEREK SANDS

• Top Poster
  • taken in Holland 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
better than Instagram then as the guy on there is still uploading stolen photos.
Looks like Instagram will only take photos off if you complain and will not suspend the offenders account

Maybe I don't upload anymore photos anywhere?

Offline Marc Pingoud

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »
Hi colleagues
Thanks for your hint. I found one of my pictures as well.
I right reported it on the contact link:
http://www.shippingexplorer.net/en/contact
I hope, that some action will be taken.
Kind regards
Marc
One hand for myself, one for the ship - and one for my camera!

Offline Ian Thomas

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 10:09:04 AM »
My stolen photograph from shipspotting now removed from shipping explorer and the thief has had their account removed.

Ian
Photo corrections Admin for Tankers and Data Editor.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 03:31:12 PM »
Maybe his account is suspended for uploading new stolen photos but 2565 photos are still online visible.
Rgds. Juergen

Offline Juan Carlos C.

• Photo Administrator
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
Good work done by Roger (Husni) to find that character stealing our photographs, I have reviewed each of the 2565 photographs and found 2 of my property, it is a pity.
Well I also registered but it has been a couple of hours and I still do not get the confirmation email
Greetings to all..
Juan Carlos..

Offline John van Zijderveld

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
    • Johns scheepvaart foto's
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:38 PM »
I'm still waiting for that last email from them, already a few days later, even their contact I get no response

Offline husni

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 11:30:21 AM »
Photo Primorsky Prospect in Shipping explorer, pls check..Tks n rgds

Offline DEREK SANDS

• Top Poster
  • taken in Holland 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »
Instagram which is owned by Facebook don't appear to have any interest in closing this guys account despite the fact he is a serial copyright thief. He continues to download and post other photographers work on an almost daily basis. He ignores comments about this on his photos and so do Instagram.

Nothing we can do except what I have done and stopped posting photos on here for him to steal.

brdgs

Derek

Offline husni

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 12:11:04 PM »
Understood and noted w/thanks

Rgds

Offline Malte Classens

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 07:21:12 PM »
Hi all,
just a coincidence ?!?
Since some days two users upload on vesseltracker.com hundreds of photos:
jerem80 and zack80
The photos they upload can be found by various different posters on marinetraffic, vesselfinder and also here on our website.
I did ask both if they have the right to post all these photos on vesseltracker.com - one of them did not reply at all, from the other guy I got a rather aggressive reply.
Have contacted vesseltracker.com on Sunday showing links to the photos on other web pages but still see new photos by these guys.
Maybe the admins there need some more input.

Best regards,
Malte

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2017, 05:01:41 AM »
Haven't seen any of mines, but have seen few from Tropic, Drago Brdar and maybe Jadran's "Ilonka".
Sometimes I wander, guys like this one and the other one from Instagram, when people see their photos, given the huge number of locations, would anybody actually believe that the photos were taken by the poster?
Also, if any consolation, since these guys are coming to SS to steal pix, clearly shows who are the best, eh  :)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2017, 05:09:19 PM »
next on the home page, the most popular picture form the last 24 hours will be accompanied by the most stolen one. Being on top of that list os also a great recommendation... :)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright abuse - Shelby80
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2017, 01:32:24 AM »
It seems that, as already suggested, shippingexplorer.net has suspended photo uploading by user  Shellby80 - no new images have been uploaded on that account since 2 January. But a vast number of pirated images remain, many taken from ShipSpotting.  Members' (including my own) experience seems to show that if complaint is made by the actual photographer, particularly if showing the URL of the legitimate image on SS or elsewhere, the site will remove the stolen image. The complaint process involves:
  • registering on that site (that process involves responding to an auto-email, which may well be diverted to your spam folder)
  • then adding comment to relevant images - and using copyright report link on image page

It is of course a major task to search all 2985, looking for one's own photos, probably far too daunting for most members, and some members may think that it is not worth the effort (and some may not care that their photos are stolen).  On the other hand a concerted response to this theft is the most likely to yield results, and perhaps convince the managers of shippingexplorer.net that they need to take firmer action.  To assist those who do wish to make a stand, I have prepared a schedule of the most recent 400 images, showing for each of the 177 members identified, their image URLs on shipspotting and shippingexplorer (at the end are those images taken from MarineTraffic and a few from as-yet-unidentified sources.  It is attached, and is being emailed to all the members identified.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 01:37:42 AM by davidships »

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Copyright abuse - Shelby80
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2017, 08:58:35 AM »
Thanks David, glad to see that I am not on the list. Perhaps pirates do not like B&W images. What about Maritime Connector, is that a legal pirat operation or do they also steal?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk