Author Topic: Stolen photos on Instagram  (Read 76590 times)

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
Re: Stolen photos on Instagram
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2017, 08:29:19 AM »
Good spotting Juergen .. that photo looks so close you would think it was just a few seconds away or from another photographer standing very close.
The mast to the right of the powerstation stacks vs to the left.
But looking closer, the lighting looks different (clear blue sky vs hazy grey)and the big difference is the pattern of stacked logs is quite different so it's two very similar shots from two different days.

I don't know if nz painted out the vessel's name or the image he stole was already like that.
Google searching doesn't find any similar shots.

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2017, 05:56:37 AM »
This dude is a seriously messed up character :P. Soooo many photos of so many different ships in so many different locations, all stolen...does anybody actually believe that he took them all? Doesn't he have anything better to do with his life  ::) ??  I didn't go through all of them but have found only one of mine, the dude has no style...I mean, the pic is not the best one, looks good on SS but on IG it looks dismal, blurry. C'mon, if you are displaying my pic show it properly  :)!! IG should block him....
Thanks to those who contacted IG.
Cheers...

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2017, 10:11:57 PM »
I'm gradually getting results from Instagram with frequent nagging.
I include a listing of other stolen images whenever I file a complaint about nader_zahra posting my work.  Sometimes it is ignored but eventually someone there just deletes everything on the list.
I think it's about 200 removed now and his display is looking less attractive with so many Shipspotting photos gone.
Instagram never answer any of my questions and I always get the same robot reply with the same weasel words.

I get all the photos I can identify but I'm sure there are some Shipspotting photos I've missed because I can't make out the vessel's name to be able to track down the original.

If anyone can help with any I've missed or some of the many older images, pass the info on and I'll add it to the material I send to Instagram with my regualr nagging emails.
email:  [email protected]

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2017, 04:33:38 AM »
Hello Owen,
I have seen this photo of mine
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2529508

I also have a question: I have tried to create an Instagram account from my desktop computer, but whenever I fill in my data (name, e-mail, password...) and click submit, the only message I get is "something went wrong, pls try again later" I has been like this for days. Any thoughts?
many thanks for your work :-)

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2017, 04:43:29 AM »
Sorry Csaba ... I'm not sure what the problem would be creating an account.
I'll track down that photo but for anyone else, what I need is the link for the stolen pic on Instagram & the link to the same pic on Shipspotting.com like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-JN3JB6GN/?taken-by=nader_zahra      http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2503179

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2017, 05:09:53 AM »

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2017, 05:11:52 AM »
Thanks Csaba ... it's on the list I'm building to send with my next complaint.

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2017, 10:37:48 AM »
@Owen
I have not a Facebook account and will not create one, but a friend just informed me that @NADER_ZAHRA has an account with hundreds of stolen ships photos from Shipspotting, many of your phantastic drone photos are also visible. Just take a look.

Regards
Juergen

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »
Thanks Juergen ... I'll have to start on his other account too by the sound of it.

Offline Rick Vince

• Top Poster
  • Saludos
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
I have been following this thread for a long while. It makes my blood boil that Instagram fail to close the thief's account.
However, it would appear that he is Syrian, so why bother posting only in English to his account photos?

I suggest to copy and paste the following phrase in Arabic  AND English, (which may offend his morals - if he has any) to as many of his photos as you can. He will get the message, as will his followers:-

أنت لص الصورة. لا شيء من هذه الصور هي لك. وقف سرقة الصور. لا يوجد لديك الأخلاق.

You are a photo thief. None of the photos are yours. Stop stealing photos. You have no morals.

Regards, Rick

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »
The site is suspended?
https://www.instagram.com/nader_zahra/

But a new site (same as before with other name) is online:
https://www.instagram.com/ship_spotter68/

Regards
Juergen

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2017, 11:38:28 AM »
The labelling of stolen image of "ship_spotter68/" is entirely appropriate, and the more that are identified the better.
But may I request that abusive/vulgar language is not used, especially when associated with mentions of ShipSpotting. 

Is this really a new page?  Or have the 7000+ pics from the old one just been transferred to a new user-name?

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
Facebook/Instagram are too spineless to suspend him.
I keep reporting his account but nothing happens beyond removing the individual images I list for them.
It's the same page with a changed user name, possibly because he doesn't like the additional comments getting posted on his stolen images.
I think getting the comments in nearly as soon as he posts might irritate him because they are there for most of his audience to see.
Until Facebook actually enforce their rules, if he wants to keep posting stolen images he now has to put up with these comments.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:46:03 PM by Owen Foley »

Offline miraflores

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »
And the next account has gone:  https://www.instagram.com/ship_spotter68/

Offline Owen Foley

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
    • Above & Beyond
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2017, 11:44:31 PM »
Interesting.  Yesterday when he simply changed his user name, I could still see his pics with links to the old user name.
Now none work.
My last email from Facebook IP team was one of their standard robot replies saying they needed more information before they could look into my report.
No clue they were going to do anything but perhaps they have?
If so it only took about 40 nagging emails.

Now to work on them about his Facebook a/c.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk