Author Topic: Recent outage  (Read 9163 times)

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Recent outage
« on: September 22, 2016, 06:52:36 PM »
Many members will have experienced the recent unexpected outage.  Now that the site is operating again Henrik, who runs the IT side has sent to following report:

The external network changed owners and we were about to change the ip address range later. As they ran into problems now we changed to the new main ip address already now to avoid further problems.

Login problems could be that user should log out and in again due to ip address change. Possibly delete old cookies.

I am still working on fixing firewalls, filters and so on. Sorry for slow replies.

Whether this will resolve the repeated problems of extraneous sites appearing at login or rebooting, I am not sure, but will ask.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Recent outage
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 07:09:41 PM »
Funny, never experienced the problems you describe in your last sentence. What I did not was that the lay-out of the categories (when you do a category change to a picture) has changed in the sense that there more space between the categories. Will probably reduce the chances to misplace a shot.

Thanks Henrik for the good work.

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 10:47:34 PM »
Pieter, if I am not mistaken the problem David describes in his last sentence is only affecting IOS-based (not sure about Android) portable devices (Iphone, Ipad). I had this problem on my cell-phone, too.

Cheers
Jens

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 11:26:05 PM »
Hi
Same problem happens will my Samsung Galaxy tablet.

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:10 AM »
This problem persists on all portable devices, it seems.

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:59 AM »
Henrik will probably need another 24-36 hours to complete his tidying up.  Please clear your mobile's cache after that.
If problem still persists then please post here with details of device type/operating system/physical location and whether problem is continuous or intermittent.

Also would be good to hear then from any who have had the problem and find that it appears to been consistently resolved, with same info.

Offline Linesman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 08:27:46 AM »
I was unable to access Shipspotting for about three days.  The problem now seems to be resolved.  Before the outage I was getting interference with bursts of music and voices but again that also now seems OK. Uploading photos still remains a bit patchy and slow.  Derek

Offline Jens Boldt

• Photo Corrections
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:22:03 AM »
No problems over here at Hamburg anymore (Iphone with IOS 9.3.5) since last night already...

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 01:49:32 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, I only work on a laptop at home, so no problems with any mobile devices.

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »
I am on holidays in Spain (Alicante). I had no problems on the laptop and my I-phone and I-pad are working normal again.Thank you for solving these problems.
Regards, Patrick

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 07:50:16 PM »
Following up davidships post of earlier this morning....... tried accessing site (again) on mobile (iphone 5 with 9.3.5 software) and problem persists intermittently. It's  now 4:50pm Eastern Canada (Saint John).  Just noticed Apple have new  (huge-836MB) software update available (IOS 10). Not sure if installing new update at this time will help make problem go away...?

Clydee

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 09:25:01 PM »
My iPhone 6 still has the intrusive advertisement problem when trying to directly access the Home page. Shortcuts to other site pages work after more than one size opening screen

Sydney time 0720 24 September,  Europe time 2320 23 September

Offline Patrick Deenik

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2016, 08:58:35 PM »
I am sorry to tell you that my I-phone and I-pad problems came back. When I try to open "Shipspotting" all sorts of advertising- and/or gambling sites are trying to open. I hope the problem can be solved in the near future. Thank you , Patrick

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 11:23:41 PM »
Shipspotting working fine on my antique iPhone4. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk