Author Topic: Russian language on opening website  (Read 4698 times)

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Russian language on opening website
« on: September 20, 2016, 05:49:29 AM »
Hi
Occaisionally when I open up the site in my bookmarks, the tab on the left shows Russian language and then it loads an advert, eg Apple i phone. When I then close this my system starts to run slow. I have Eset anti virus protection and no threats are shown. Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar.
Cheers
Stephen

Offline lappino

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Russian language on opening website
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:32:50 AM »
This happens a lot with mobile devices (spam/adverts instead of site) - are you using a laptop/desktop computer or a smartphone?

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »
I'm using a Samsung tablet.

Offline Ulrich Koetter

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.emspilots.de
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 06:50:12 PM »
Hello, it happens to me as well, it seems that the site is hacked by russian Tizermedia.com .
Greetings from Northwest Germany, Uli

Offline Stephen Chester

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 08:14:48 PM »
Hi
I haven't been able to log into the site for two days. Finally got in this morning, and the Russian happened again. It then said "wait a minute your site is loading and you are a lucky winner." Closed it immediately and reopened site again no problem.
Do the Admins know about this problem?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 08:19:55 PM by Stephen Chester »

Clydee

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »
Hi Stephen

The problem you have described has been intermittently appearing on mobile devices - iPhones, iPads etc - for some time.  Often only on the Home screen.  Members have found that they can enter the site from another screen and then get to the Home screen

It is quite a different problem from the major outage of 21/22 September 2016

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »
Within the past 24-48 hrs I experienced same situation as the last 2 posts (i.e. could not log onto site using either mobile or PC)...  ???
Only this afternoon (Eastern Canada) was I able to access site. The saga of the multiple sites cascading on one another seems to have subsided (for the time being....?).
Given the popularity of this site I am somewhat surprised a mobile app has not been developed/made available. I would gladly pay a (one time) reasonable price for an SS app on my iphone. (The Marine Traffic app cost about $4 CAD several years ago). I am not a "techi" and perhaps a little naive when it comes to the internet but that route might assist in doing away with the frustrating event(s) that seem to be occuring more frequently....?
In the meantime, as an alternative to an app I originally saved SS site on mobile after opening up on Safari and using option to "add to home screen". However, given latest issues (some) members experiencing,  that method seems to be less secure and prone to hacking?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk