ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Language of the Site  (Read 1406 times)
davidships
Webmaster
Top Poster

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2019, 02:17:55 pm »

Moved from a photo page

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
   ChasB46 on Jul 13, 2019 12:21 (1 hour ago)    
I'm using Chrome and the page "saw" there was a translation needed and gave me the option. (Box popped up ...do I need translation). Translated their language perfectly. Question is it just Chrome or do other web browsers offer the same? If universal in browsers could the "English" only rules be relaxed?
Delete   

davidships on Jul 13, 2019 10:14 (3 hours ago)    
Gentlemen, please restrain yourselves.
You both know that English as the workiing language for this site. As I have said before, unless it is limited to a simple appreciation (like "bonne photo", "muy bueno"), you are welcome to write in your own language ONLY PROVIDED it is accompanied by a translation into English (a Google Translate is perfectly acceptable).

This then meets the site's long-established policy:
http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Languages
Any further discussion on this subject should be in the Forum
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tomislav Raymondi on Jul 13, 2019 03:44 (10 hours ago)    
Daniel comprend parfaitement votre point de vue, mais il arrive que sur ce site Web, il y a des gens d'autres pays, comme c'est mon cas personnel, je suis de Santiago du Chili et ici en Amérique latine, nous ne parlons pas français mais espagnol, et beaucoup moins qu'ils parlent le français, l'espagnol et l'anglais, en plus et comme la langue officielle du site web est l'anglais afin que nous puissions nous comprendre le mieux possible, il est préférable d'utiliser l'anglais.

Dans mon cas, j'ai de la chance car je peux m'exprimer dans ces trois langues et sans la moindre intention d' etre un pétulant
Daniel perfectly understands your point of view, but it happens that on this website, there are people from other countries, as is my personal case, I'm from Santiago de Chile and here in Latin America, we do not speak not French but Spanish, and much less that they speak French, Spanish and English, in addition and as the official language of the website is English so that we can understand each other as best as possible, it is better to use English.

In my case, I am lucky because I can express myself in these three languages and without any intention to be a petulant

Sincères Salutation
Tomislav Raymondi.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Daniel Bérubé on Jul 13, 2019 01:46 (12 hours ago)    
Je n'ai pas besoin de parler anglais pour vous dire que j'aime votre photo. Boutade à un commentaire lu ici plus tôt.
I do not need to speak English to tell you that I like your photo. Boutade to a comment read here earlier
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: