Author Topic: Re: What is the point? Multiple Photos  (Read 18575 times)

Offline Bob Scott

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: What is the point? Multiple Photos
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »
Well I certainly wasn't Admin-bashing Phil and I don't think the original poster was meaning to either. As an Admin yourself it would perhaps have been better if you could have come up with something more constructive or informative on the subject, rather than just dismissing the subject out of hand as "ridiculous".

Offline andrecas

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »
By and large the current rules/regs work. I like the format and find site easy to navigate.
However, regardless the time frame, uploading (many) multiple photos same vessel might be considered somewhat repetitive. (Specific quantities mentioned earlier comment(s).
Down the road as site reviews certain areas and perhaps choose to "tighten-up" the quantity aspect, they might consider further reducing the number of uploads same vessel/same day from 4 to say 3.
Or, even consider implementing a similar guideline as Marine traffic. Their wording in regards to multiple photos reads something along these lines.... "max number photos that can be uploaded by one user for specific asset (vessel etc) is 5 photos within a period of 6 months. After exceeding limit photo will fail to upload to site".

Offline Ken Smith

• President Emeritus
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 07:07:55 PM »

David,

Picking up on Bob's comment, the 30 degree's was considered a little ambiguous and was changed to be hopefully more understandable.
Regards
Ken

Offline Sinisa Aljinovic

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 07:41:15 PM »
Coasterwatcher, it is not problem when the same ship has been shot by different photographers.What that mean? If 3 spotters show up at the same location and time only one can take photos.Other two must keep hands in pockets?! ???
We must limit number of the photos for the same (IMO) ship per photographer's portfolio like some other web pages did.
Some members are just loading and loading no matter if they already have taken 50 or more photos of the same ship.
Quality is another story.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:45:21 PM by Sinisa Aljinovic »

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2016, 05:05:15 AM »
Good on you Coastwatcher. I wanted to do what you did but didn't feel comfortable calling out people who post very similar photos. Doesn't bother me too much, but was wandering what kind of ego plays in some people's mind. Competition? Hey look at me? Who knows, certainly not an intention to just share pix with fellow ship/photo enthusiasts.
Would I like to see them deleted? Yup.
But as long as we get dismissive comments like Phil's it won't happen. That is a no way to handle member's comments/concerns.

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2016, 06:02:25 AM »
Unfortunately Phil makes comments like this too often for my liking.

As regards the original point of the topic, it's been discussed many times, without the issue ever really being resolved. I guess it probably never will be to the satisfaction of everyone, indeed I can see both points of view. But, at least, this time it's being discussed constructively. In the main anyway!!!!

Offline Phil English

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2016, 08:19:30 AM »
Bob, Simon,

I just tell it how I see it. I make no apologies for having an opinion and being blunt. I guess that's because I'm now more used to other social media platforms which are more opinionated that this. It's nothing personal. Besides, Bob, I wasn't referring to your posts, rather the second one from the OP, which I find a distinct two-fingers up to David Asprey who succinctly points out that we have a wide-ranging membership who don't necessarily want the same things.

As for being an admin, I am in name only. I requested to come off the admin team months ago.

Brgds
Phil

Offline coasterwatcher

• Quite a regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 03:29:30 PM »
Unfortunately Phil makes comments like this too often for my liking.

Absolutely correct, simonwp. We do not need such dismissive comments that verge on arrogance. If he thinks that the comments are "site bashing" or "admin bashing", he is very much mistaken.

Compare that response to that from davidships : "Thanks for the contributions to this discussion so far.  Views of more members are welcome and the Admin group will review this in due course."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:36:11 PM by coasterwatcher »

Offline csaba

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 04:27:18 AM »
Well said coastwatcher.

Offline DIMITRIS MENTAKIS

• all rights reserved
  • Newcomer
  • For hobby and love to all kind of ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 04:39:01 PM »
i beleave that 3 photos from tha same ship per day are ok . From bow from midle and aft . So viewers can enjoy the ship from diferent angles .
©Dimitris Mentakis

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk