Author Topic: BLURRY PHOTO  (Read 11321 times)

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
BLURRY PHOTO
« on: September 04, 2016, 06:17:09 AM »
Blurry photo?  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???Of course, the administration of this site already exceeds the unusual. According to the admin has classified the photo to delete, states that the name can not be read. Honestly, I think it's wanting to annoy. Put on glasses sir, because clearly see that puts Yosor / PANAMA.
http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2527180

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
Re: BLURRY PHOTO
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
Hello Carlos,

Yes you can read the name but its not sharp, why is the left side of the photo sharp and the right side of the photo blurry ??

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 06:13:48 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? y ahora te lo digo in spanish, flipo con vuestras normas. Como me gustar

Offline Captain Ted

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 01:01:05 AM »
It is clearly blurry on the right side,, the name and port are blurry,,and the IMO number is impossible to
read,,not because of the distance but because total blurry in that area and the crane beside it too.

hyWe uploading a picture like in the first place !!!! To make when it is deleted a fuss ?

NOW!!!,,,if we could get rid of the sailors,,how safe shipping would be !!!!!!!!

Offline Cody Williams

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ~Ydoc~ on Flickr
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:41:08 AM »
Hi Carlos,

I do not understand why you have felt it was necessary to make this post in the forum.

Please feel free to contact David, Adrian or Myself at anytime if you wish to discuss a photo that has been put up for deletion. We would be more than happy to talk with you.

In this case, I was the one who removed your photo because the right-hand-side of the image is clearly blurred.

Best Regards
Cody

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »
As far as I can see, this is all a matter of perspective and depth of field. 

Allan

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 08:08:19 AM »
Honestly, it's desire to annoy. Leaves much to be desired the administration of this website, but anyway, this is something that has always been questioned and I am not the first. Hannes, I'll buy a pair of glasses, but I suggest you buy your nails too and so will the torque and longer each step will gunwales Cody. And by the way Cody, I do not waste my time more contact managers by private, not usually respond, you have very impolite and while this happens I will make mine any public complaint. Or it is that too is prohibited on this site?

Offline Stan Muller

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • My album
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 12:53:42 PM »
Hello Carlos,

As far as I can see you have a problem with your camera settings at poor light conditions. It can be seen on other photos too, less obvious thouhg.
I suggest to adjust this topic to find advice about finding the right settings. we all know the problem and enough members to give advice.
As said, we all know the problem, only in this particulair case, the photo does not meet the standards. We all deal with it when a photo gets deleted. Lots of us even delete old photos since our standard gets higher similar as the equipment used is getting better. Even a 2016 phone makes better photos than the average 1996 camera, so standards change. Complaining about admins (volunteers!) and calling names is leading you nowhere. Although I must admit I read this topic for a good laugh now and then.
If you can't live with the site standards, you have 2 options:
1- improve yourselve, you are at the right adress here!
2- do not upload photos.

both options okay by most of us.
It is all that simple.

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
[part removed - DA]

Stan Thanks for the suggestion to look at the configuration, I've been reviewing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:53:15 PM by davidships »

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2016, 10:41:44 PM »
I am closing this thread for further comment and I will be removing most of the unacceptable language (and some other contributions which would in consequence no longer make sense), though it may all be deleted later.

The Forum is not the place for discussion or arguments about individual images nominated for deletion - that should be taken up directly with Adrian Ford, who manages the deletion process, or the webmasters.

And may I remind everyone that combative and aggressive language is not acceptable, as outlined in ShipSpotting's Code of Conduct.
http://www.shipspotting.com/support/faq.php?category=Code%20Of%20Conduct

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:54:49 PM by davidships »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk