ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hamburg  (Read 1956 times)
Ron van de Velde
Just popping in

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2016, 06:54:48 pm »

I`m planning to go to Hamburg for a few days.

Can anyone tell me were the best place is to take pictures?

Thanks in advance Ron
Report to moderator   Logged
itsfoto
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 07:41:54 pm »

Hamburg is a comparatively Shipspotter-friendly port. There are literary dozens of good spots.
It all depends on your preferences. A port cruise (Hafenrundfahrt) is always a good choice, if only to rest your legs for an hour and have a pint and still do shipspotting. It's a little overpriced, though.
For in-and-outgoing traffic Bubendeyufer is hard to beat. Take the ferry from Landungsbrücken to Finkenwerder. It's on the left bank, so the light is always ok.
Further downriver Blankenese and Lühesand are nice spots. The first one for fabulous surroundings (the wife will love it, and so will you), but the light may be tricky in bright sunshine, it's right bank. Lühe is in the heart of an extensive fruit plantation area with a marvellous view of the river in both directions (left bank).
If you are in an extravagant mood and have time enough on your hand you may want to consider a trip by fast ferry to Heligoland - up and down all the way from Hamburg to the German bight and back plus the unforgettable visit of a unique island. (It takes all day, mind you.)
Finding spots within the port area cruising in a car is possible, but for the initiated only. Even with a GPS set on board you may get lost.
Enjoy your stay, I am sure you will.
Cheers
Uwe
DeepSeaDiver1000
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 12:43:43 am »

What kind of ships would you like to photo?

http://i.imgur.com/jMK4WwY.jpg[/img]]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: