Author Topic: Abandonment private contribution of my photographs.  (Read 17764 times)

Offline Ken Smith

• President Emeritus
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Abandonment private contribution of my photographs.
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01:58 PM »

I can now confirm that TP was not Tomas Pinas, I now know the identity of the person concerned and the account that was set up has been closed and the person involved is now Banned from the Website.

If Tomas picks up on this then I send him my sincere apologies for this incident and misuse of his name.

Regards
Ken Smith

Offline DEREK SANDS

• Top Poster
  • taken in Holland 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 03:20:42 PM »
Well done Ken

Offline Ken Smith

• President Emeritus
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 06:34:15 PM »

Thanks Derek, it was a situation that needed a swift response for the integrity of the Website, fortunately my experience and knowledge of the Website was helpful in dealing with it.

Kind Regards
Ken

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:53 AM »
It's amazing the administrative policy of this website. You have taken my post to talk about a certain Tomas Pinas then turned out to be not guilty, but my post administration has not been delivered yet. Sincerely disappointed. Every day proves more I raised my.

Es alucinante la pol

Offline Pieter_Inpijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 08:27:42 AM »
To return to the original topic: I personally also think to much pictures remain on the site that do not meet the standards.
A very valid reason is that the admin's have to check to many pictures each day.
Maybe it is an idea that the newly appointed photo-editors are also give the right to delete pictures, but move them first to "deletions holding" and the admin's themself have the final saying and move them to "deletions"?
Just a idea.............. 

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 08:29:03 AM »
[quote author=Carlos Vadir Go

Offline Captain Carlitos

• Quite a regular
  • Carlos Vadir Go
    • View Profile
    • www.lacuadernacubana.com
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:35 PM »
According to ud. Paul Finnigan, but what I like is that I deleted photos agree, as they do not meet the rules and then you find pictures that are a mess and not deleted. So I say that if the admin does not have time to see all the pictures, because they do not have embarked on this adventure. There is a saying that says lands of Cervantes and I apologize in advance for some words in your content that reads "O **** all, or throw the whore the river". No offense to anyone, what I mean is that if there are rules must apply to everyone equally. Come on, I offer my volunteer for this job.

De acuerdo con ud. Paul Finnigan, pero lo que no me gusta es que me borran fotos que de acuerdo,no cumplen seg

Offline Dеnis

• Photo Administrator
  • Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:05 PM »
Some new photos just slip away from the admin's eyes & they slowly go in to the depths of the database...   I would be right to think that even when I or someone else of the team is not monitoring the site, plenty of others do.  However, now in a catching up mode due to the lack of time on here & interests/occupations expanded elsewhere, I have to go through the recent uploads of like 15-20 pages with 200 photos on each once in like 4-6 days & there are still photos uploaded several days ago that don't meet the site standards or have incorrect name or missing IMO still not fixed.  Such makes me partly agree with Carlos that admins are not universally great at their duties on here.
To those who complain like "mine got deleted, yet other much worse ones still stay on!" - yours was deleted as it didn't meet the Site Standards & you can bring the "worse ones" to admin's attention so they can be dealt with too, except the ones uploaded several years ago. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:55:43 PM by Dеnis »
Regards,
Denis

Offline Paul Finnigan

• Photo Administrator
  • Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
Hello Carlos,

I have been involved with other websites where photos must be screened by photo admin before the photo is displayed on the website.This can take as little as hours to days or even weeks it just depends on the workload of the admin team which is frustrating for the photographer as well as the admin team.We are lucky we don't have that system here.

As Dennis said sometimes a photo that should have been deleted slips under the radar, admin cant check every singe photo that is uploaded         

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk