ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Abandonment private contribution of my photographs.  (Read 15553 times)
Ken Smith
President Emeritus
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2016, 12:01:58 pm »

I can now confirm that TP was not Tomas Pinas, I now know the identity of the person concerned and the account that was set up has been closed and the person involved is now Banned from the Website.

If Tomas picks up on this then I send him my sincere apologies for this incident and misuse of his name.

Regards
Ken Smith
Report to moderator   Logged

DEREK SANDS
Top Poster

taken in Holland 2014

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2016, 03:20:42 pm »

Well done Ken

Ken Smith
President Emeritus
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »

Thanks Derek, it was a situation that needed a swift response for the integrity of the Website, fortunately my experience and knowledge of the Website was helpful in dealing with it.

Kind Regards
Ken

Captain Carlitos
Quite a regular

Carlos Vadir Goñiz Fariñas.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2016, 06:12:53 am »

It's amazing the administrative policy of this website. You have taken my post to talk about a certain Tomas Pinas then turned out to be not guilty, but my post administration has not been delivered yet. Sincerely disappointed. Every day proves more I raised my.

Es alucinante la política administrativa de esta web. Habéis tomado mi post para hablar de un tal Tomas Pinas que luego resultó ser el no culpable, pero de mi post la administración no se ha pronunciado aun. Sinceramente que desilusión. Cada día se demuestra más lo planteado por mi.

www.lacuadernacubana.com
Pieter Inpyn
Photo Corrections
Top Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2016, 08:27:42 am »

To return to the original topic: I personally also think to much pictures remain on the site that do not meet the standards.
A very valid reason is that the admin's have to check to many pictures each day.
Maybe it is an idea that the newly appointed photo-editors are also give the right to delete pictures, but move them first to "deletions holding" and the admin's themself have the final saying and move them to "deletions"?
Just a idea.............. 

Paul Finnigan
Photo Administrator
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2016, 08:29:03 am »

It's amazing the administrative policy of this website. You have taken my post to talk about a certain Tomas Pinas then turned out to be not guilty, but my post administration has not been delivered yet. Sincerely disappointed. Every day proves more I raised my.

Es alucinante la política administrativa de esta web. Habéis tomado mi post para hablar de un tal Tomas Pinas que luego resultó ser el no culpable, pero de mi post la administración no se ha pronunciado aun. Sinceramente que desilusión. Cada día se demuestra más lo planteado por mi.
Carlos,
Your not the only one that has photos deleted from the site because they haven't met site standards.Everyone who upload photos here including myself have had there's deleted over time and i have a lot that i would like to upload on the site but they wont meet site standards and know they will be deleted so i don't upload them.
Its not the end of the world its just a hobby just keep uploading photos and enjoy your hobby.
Regards,Paul         
Captain Carlitos
Quite a regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2016, 05:55:35 pm »

According to ud. Paul Finnigan, but what I like is that I deleted photos agree, as they do not meet the rules and then you find pictures that are a mess and not deleted. So I say that if the admin does not have time to see all the pictures, because they do not have embarked on this adventure. There is a saying that says lands of Cervantes and I apologize in advance for some words in your content that reads "O **** all, or throw the whore the river". No offense to anyone, what I mean is that if there are rules must apply to everyone equally. Come on, I offer my volunteer for this job.

De acuerdo con ud. Paul Finnigan, pero lo que no me gusta es que me borran fotos que de acuerdo,no cumplen según ellos las normativas y luego te encuentras fotos que son un desastre y no las borran. Entonces, yo digo que si los admin no tienen tiempo de ver todas las fotos, pues que no se hayan embarcado en esta aventura. Hay un refrán que reza por tierras de Cervantes y pido perdón de antemano por algunas palabras en su contenido que dice así "O follamos todos, o tiramos a la puta al rio". Sin ánimos de ofender a nadie, lo que quiero decir es que si hay normas, hay que aplicarlas a todos por igual. Vamos, que me ofrezco voluntario para este trabajo.

www.lacuadernacubana.com
Dеnis
Photo Administrator
Home away from home

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 09:53:05 pm »

Some new photos just slip away from the admin's eyes & they slowly go in to the depths of the database...   I would be right to think that even when I or someone else of the team is not monitoring the site, plenty of others do.  However, now in a catching up mode due to the lack of time on here & interests/occupations expanded elsewhere, I have to go through the recent uploads of like 15-20 pages with 200 photos on each once in like 4-6 days & there are still photos uploaded several days ago that don't meet the site standards or have incorrect name or missing IMO still not fixed.  Such makes me partly agree with Carlos that admins are not universally great at their duties on here.
To those who complain like "mine got deleted, yet other much worse ones still stay on!" - yours was deleted as it didn't meet the Site Standards & you can bring the "worse ones" to admin's attention so they can be dealt with too, except the ones uploaded several years ago. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:55:43 pm by Dеnis » Report to moderator   Logged
Paul Finnigan
Photo Administrator
Just can't stay away

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:15 pm »

Hello Carlos,

I have been involved with other websites where photos must be screened by photo admin before the photo is displayed on the website.This can take as little as hours to days or even weeks it just depends on the workload of the admin team which is frustrating for the photographer as well as the admin team.We are lucky we don't have that system here.

As Dennis said sometimes a photo that should have been deleted slips under the radar, admin cant check every singe photo that is uploaded         
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: