Author Topic: Copyrighy and Author Protection.  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Maxi Alonso

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Copyrighy and Author Protection.
« on: May 28, 2016, 11:36:08 AM »
Hello all.

I wanted to know about how to protect my work against being used without my permmision.

I use this website since many years. I really like to shoot photos and them shaering in this web. But I do it only in this web. It happens to my a few times already, that I have seen my photos, which I only posted in shipspotting, posted in others websites without the photographer info or link to the original. No talking about receiving a mail to ask me for permision to use my photos.

Some months ago I started  to use a watermark, really close to the ship, so In photoshop is a bit difficult to remove. Doing that call the attention of the adm. I read the rules of the  site about watermarks. It doesn't do nothing a watermark in the inferior extrreme of a photo, It can be easily cropped.

Is there something thta we can do?

I like to take photos and shaering here, but It takes a cost of equipment, time and something fight the weather. So It's not good to someone take our work and time for free, or no permission.

best regards.

Maxi Alosno
[email protected]

Offline Allan RO

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Copyrighy and Author Protection.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 12:20:12 PM »
This subject has been discussed many times before.  There is nothing you can do. Once a picture is in the public domain, i.e. on Shipspotting, anyone can copy it and use it.  Of course if you have deep pockets you can take them to court for breach of copyright.

Allan

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »
Maxi, it is simple. Putting a shot anywhere on the internet is synonymous to giving it away for free...if you don't want that, don't post.

Offline DeepSeaDiver1000

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »
Maxi - you can spend money with one of these services that protect's you with invisible watermarks although in the end it is up to you to take the issue to court with copyright infringement. What photo are you really worried about? Where did you see it? ask the person that posted it to please remove it.

Offline eliman

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 10:03:09 AM »
Are all ship spotting images allowed to be used on external websites?
I am referring to vessel thumbnail/previews that have a link back to ship spotting.

Offline Hannes van Rijn

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shipspotting.com/userinfo.php?uid=20488
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 12:14:08 PM »
Hi Maxi.
You can posted your pictures on a minimum size thats allowed on this site.If they copy they can not use these in HR,only for private use.

Rgds:Hannes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk