Author Topic: Shipspotting Piraeus area  (Read 4487 times)

Offline D173457Q Brian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shipspotting Piraeus area
« on: April 27, 2016, 04:39:18 PM »
Hi, I am going to the Island of Aegina in May and hope to get a day away in Piraeus and surrounding areas for a spot of ship photography. Can anyone recommend any good spots. Is it possible to get a ferry from the main ferry terminal to Salamis or would I have to catch a bus to Perama.
 Many Thanks Brian

Offline peter j. fitzpatrick

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
Re: Shipspotting Piraeus area
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 07:07:01 AM »
Morning brian
Lots of places you can go around Piraeus
The ferry to aegina will give you access to the main passenger port and also Piraeus roads
Also you can get the small ferry to salamina from Piraeus that will give you access to perama bay , kynossoura and part of ambelaki
Make sure that you do NOT take any photos of the navy base on salamis
This is a restricted area and under no circumstances must you have a camera in that area
You could get in to serious trouble so please put your camera away for the last part of your ferry journey to salamis
The Greek people are the most welcoming and fantastic people in the world but taking photos of there warships is a no no
Also you could get the bus to elevsis but these days there is not much around that area
Just enjoy your time in Greece and the beautiful food and weather
Kind regards
Peter j.fitzpatrick

Clydee

Re: Shipspotting Locations Piraeus area
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »
Evening Peter

Thanks for the advice

For good locations please also record them for later use in the Shipspotting Locations subcategory under the Harbour Overview Images Category

There is a guidance FAQ under the Category Standards and Guidance heading reached from the Support tab on the Home page

Clyde

Offline D173457Q Brian

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Shipspotting Piraeus area
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 02:43:06 PM »
Many thanks for that info Peter. I am looking forward to my visit. I live in Crete but the photo opportunities are prety slim here.

All the Best. Brian

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk