Author Topic: Owner & Manager info's not available on additional information  (Read 16739 times)

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
Re: Owner & Manager info's not available on additional information
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 07:29:20 AM »
And just a question for Equasis users, how long are data on dead ships being kept?

Offline simonwp

• Home away from home
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 07:42:59 AM »
what is the point of having a website with no information, i agree with what akbarhajiali says.

most of the visitors on this site do not own ships or shipping companies, i can understand why these societies ask for so much money, but all these alternatives still does not give you details about sister vessels, it was very easy to find info on ships with data supplied by gross tonnage.com, all one had to do is look at the bottom of the page and see the builder of the vessel, right click and open in a new tab, and everything from that shipyard was there to see.

now i have seen some strange looking vessels in the past, and no informational was available so i had to use equasis, and nothing, i did a google search looked everywhere and even did a reverse google image search hoping that someone had info on another site and nothing,

sometimes these other sources such as equasis and others dont have the information one needs, and that is why people are getting frustrated.  

there is no other site i have yet found that had the amount of info that this site had.

You have been given a lot of advice, and an explanation of the issues with Grosstonnage. If you still find that this is not good enough for you, then Shipspotting is not the site for you. Shipspotting is not perfect, and has had it's problems recently, but I've yet to find a better one.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2016, 07:27:53 AM »
i tried the site miramar, and i dont like it, not going to get a subscription just to look at data and no images,

Data are not things to look at but to retrieve, would you like the Lloyd's Registers being furnished with a picture of each ship they list? 

Offline MO Roy

• Just can't stay away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 12:45:43 PM »
Dear everybody,

The loss of info at the pictures is indeed regrettable, though I'm afraid we have to live with it at the moment.

It might be in the future that we have to pay for info or that we get a "two tier" system shipspotting, a basic free part and a more thorough paid part with additional features.
I'm definitely not in favor of that!

The thing is that some of us have a lot of info at their disposal and some of us have a lot less or almost no info at their disposal.
But all of us together we have a vast amount of info to share !! And I find that a lot of, if not all, members are willing to help each other with answering questions and / or providing useful info.

As we are all shiplovers please keep it this way. So far this site is a great place / community to search for ship-info and of course pictures of our favorite object(s).

Cheers,
Roy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:14:10 PM by MO Roy »

Offline Tomislav Raymondi

• Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
In my strictly personal opinion, to find out the ship's particulars, owners and/or managers of the photographed ships is part of the fun of our hobby, so enjoy in your search about ships through the internet, of course some of you can state that you do not like or it is a waste of time to do such a search, in that case post the photo as is and this problem is solved, maybe some menber can add the needed information later.

Regards

Tomi.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk