Author Topic: What are your priorities when viewing a photograph?  (Read 11128 times)

Offline Mike Griffiths

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
Re: What are your priorities when viewing a photograph?
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 04:55:46 PM »
I am surprised that nobody so far has been honest enough to tell that the first thing they look at is the number of comments that a picture has generated.  ;)

The number of views to even a mediocre shot explodes when someboday places a comment, so somehow it is factor that significantly counts....

This morning I posted three shots, one got a comment and has already been seen quite a lot, while another shot showed a (to me much more interesting) ship for the very first time on the site, and the number of views are far less.....

I agree with you pieter.

Perhaps admin might fix it to show no of "likes" under the thumbnail as is done for hits, comments.

At the moment you have to click your own picture to check for any "likes" - thereby adding to the hits total!!

Over to you pieter.

BTW thanks for the useful info. you usually include with your uploads.

Offline pieter melissen

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
    • ultimatecarpage.com
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2016, 05:02:34 PM »
Mike, I think I once heard that one's own hits don't add to the tally...(you can also look at "my photos" and then "comments to my photos" which will help you to deal with comment to older shots)  And thank you for the comment on the info. I belong to the posters who think if there is nothing to tell about a ship, then there is no reason to post a picture of it ;) and I am also in great favour of adding the desription section next to the thumbnail...may be in future, who knows.

Offline Sorin Tițu

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2016, 06:46:53 PM »
Mike Griffiths you are right. the composition of the photo is rather ignored for checking the photos with the highest number of comments and taken by some photographers. Hence i took a photo where a lighthouse appeared in that photo and didn't get much views. I'm talking abt a old lighthouse.

Offline Oliver Sesemann

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 11:04:21 AM »
Food for thought - very interesting research question!

1) Light and composition / orgininality
2) Location
3) Type of vessel

Regards,
Oliver.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk