ShipSpotting.com
Login: Lost Password? SIGN UP
Ship Photo Search
Advanced Search
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipspotting in Singapore  (Read 1787 times)
Peter S. aus N
Top Poster

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2015, 09:39:00 am »

Hi all,

end of Dezember I'm 1 week in Singapore. Where are the best places for shipspotting.
Thanks for the help

Peter
Report to moderator   Logged

I'm far away from the sea to Hamburg I have a longer distance as to Venice or Genova.
My favorite is the Suezchannel, Panamacannal  and since 2006 also Chinese harbours. I've a lot of pictures and I don't show them because here at shipspotting.com is a copyright problem
Russell Judge
Supporter
Quite a regular

Ex seagoing engineer 1965-1971

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 10:33:16 am »

There are various options
From Marina South Pier, you can get a short trip to the Western anchorage on a tourist boat "Cheng Ho III"
Same place you can get a ferry to Kusu Island which is a fantastic spot for passing traffic.
(Beware thare are no facilities on the island so you must take any food/water.) Also last boat back was about 16:00 back in 2013 DO NOT MISS!!
Other people (not me) have hired a boat from Marina South Pier to take them around the Eastern Anchorage.
There are views from the Sentosa Island cable car and there are ferries from around Keppel that may be good (not tried)
There are good views from the ECP (East Coast Parkway) but you will need a telephoto lens or telescope as the anchorage is quite a long distance
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: