Author Topic: Photography Ban in Kings Lynn port.  (Read 18095 times)

Offline rjdg14

• Just popping in
    • View Profile
Re: Photography Ban in Kings Lynn port.
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2015, 03:58:51 PM »
Never had any trouble with taking pictures of ships in the ports or seen any reason prohibiting me, although I have seen signs prohibiting photography in the security area. In general it would normally be okay elsewhere, especially when the signs read "the usage of cameras in this area is prohibited", which hints that other areas (such as of the ships themselves) is okay.

Offline Aquizard

• Not too shy to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 09:51:22 AM »
Sometime ago last year IIRC I was taking photographs of a recently berthed ship at Littlehampton Port, a rare ocurrence these days; others had done so and we were all congregating on a path adjacent to the Marina. I was the last one to get in position and talk a few pictures. I was then told, in a very polite manner by a person from the Marina office, that taking photographs here was not possible. Where is the sign to say so and why I enquired, the reply was sorry I do not make the rules, the boat owners do not like people taking pictures of their boats. My reply was well have you looked on the Marina web site?  It contains any number of Marina boats on the internet then! It was after this I started putting my camera away!!

But there was something very odd. I did recall seeing a WSCC (West Sussx County Council)footpath sign somewhere. Looking on Google Earth I was standing on a WSCC footpath when I was taking my pictures!! So I do question the legality of what was done, but the politeness of the individual had to be respected.SO I am somewha careful when taking photographs down there, trouble is you do not always know when you are on private/public property.       

Offline davidships

• Webmaster
  • Top Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
Interesting, Aquizard.
Don't forget that a public footpath may well be on private property.  In England, the public's "right of way" is only to pass along it, and not specifically to do anything else, so there is probably a grey area regarding what restrictions the property owner can enforce.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk